CCC Mids Section Rallye

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Its gonna take me a week to recover from this show.

Didnt get to bed until 4:30 am having had complaints about the noise! :lol:
Over and out from me
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd have to agree with Tim. The best example of a BX there today was the blue 4x4. The shineyest example would of course be Tims 16v :lol: but for me the real star of the show was this one. :D
My mates Shaun's TZD bought earlier this year from member "Spuding" why was it the star of the show I hear you ask :?: because it did the round trip from Wakefield to Stratford at about warp factor 9, delivered me safely home and then broke down about 1 mile from here :lol:
So I went out with spanners and 10 minutes later, it's on it's way home :P what an amazing bodge it was

and I don't think I've ever seen so many H vans this side of the channel before.

They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

There was a few late model cars there today which was nice, agreed with Ken it was like being in a 60 french movie there was more corrugated vans than you could shake a big stick at.

I really enjoyed the 16v today on the 120 miles round trip (and it not breaking), reminds me why I love them so much, fast, comfy and great to drive, and all for less that the price of a holiday in spain!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Good to see familiar faces & a few new one's as well. Cheers to Vanny who fitted my new strup pipe & who spotted my worryingly low brake pads.... oops!!!

Made it back ok, just tried not to use the middle pedal too much, so just need to buy some new pads & Orca will be up & running again.

Almost forgot to say thanks to Tim & Mountainman for sorting out my rear bumper, its now a snug fit, & Tim also supplied some 2nd hand rear mudflaps. I'm not queing up for pizza again though :shock:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No waiting 45 mins for a pizza was a bit daft, good to see you again mulley.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Yeah...good to see all the old "gang" again!
A good day all round, and Monica even made it home again without deciding to flash her red bits at me again!!

You'll have no probs changing the front pads, Mulley. Just take your time and lay all the springs etc. out in some kind of order when you're dissassembling, so you can remember what bit goes where!

Shame about the long queue for the pizza van, but the end result was worth the wait.....just!

Here's to the next Meet! beers
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Was good to put a few more faces to names, and was a cracking little event with some great cars. I really want a H-Van now! In fact, I wanted almost every car there lol.
MULLEY
Over 2k

Post by MULLEY »

Unfortunately i dont have the time to wait to get the pads & then sort them, so local garage will do them for me including mintex pads for £42 all in, not bad.

I'll sort out some pads for the future so that i can do them myself & save a few bob...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Oh NO not that local garage again. :(

Just check and make sure they've put the pads in right way round. :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
spudling

Post by spudling »

[quote="ken newbold"]I'd have to agree with Tim. The best example of a BX there today was the blue 4x4. The shineyest example would of course be Tims 16v :lol: but for me the real star of the show was this one. :D
My mates Shaun's TZD bought earlier this year from member "Spuding" why was it the star of the show I hear you ask :?: because it did the round trip from Wakefield to Stratford at about warp factor 9, delivered me safely home and then broke down about 1 mile from here :lol:

:shock: Car looks great ! glad shaun decided to keep it , father in law has just been close to tears, the rover 400 just isnt the same!!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Somoene said at the CCC rallye theres another one in milton keynes a week sunday, anyone know about it and where it is.

Ta!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It's the CX / XM rally, 14/16th sep. Little Horwood, kinda near Milton Keynes. ish.

Usually quite a small show due to the nature of the beast but always friendly and good for a laugh if not drinking large amounts booze and upsetting the campers at 0200 with hard house and sphere changes...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Right see you there then! :D
MULLEY
Over 2k

Post by MULLEY »

Ken, oh yes me local garage, hopefully they wont fcuck this job up. To be fair, as long as they do work that hasnt got anything to do with the hydraulics, they should be able to manage it.

I did enquire at another garage about prices, was quoted £50, i then asked if that was all in "oh no sir, the pads would be on top of that". And this was another back street garage, so methinks i've got a fair price at el-bodgits :).

Was it the cam seal that needed replacing Ken? i've forgotten....

I fancy doing the gearbox oil, do you know how many litres i need?

Cheers
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It's the CX / XM rally, 14/16th sep. Little Horwood, kinda near Milton Keynes. ish.

Usually quite a small show due to the nature of the beast but always friendly and good for a laugh if not drinking large amounts booze and upsetting the campers at 0200 with hard house and sphere changes...

WHo from the bclub is going then guys?

Doc I do have my pipes now :D