Classic Prices

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Way2go
Over 2k

Classic Prices

Post by Way2go »

Autotrader Seller wrote:1989 G Reg CITROEN BX 16 RE (trade)
Flight Service Station

39,937 miles
Manual
RED
Petrol
5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 39,937 miles, Red. Insurance Group:7, ONLY ONE CAREFUL OWNER SINCE 1989, WHEN WE DEWAXED AND PREPARED THIS VEHICLE FOR SALE IN OUR WORKSHOP IN CLAPHAM. OFFERED FOR
£1,950

:shock: Is this the start of Classic Prices? £50 short of £2K for a G reg 1600? :?

A prime example for you Tim to keep forever maybe? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

That ones been on autotrader for months I think, the guy's on his own planet, it looks nice but the sellers are clearly dreaming!

I don't think BX's will reach classic status (price wise) for a long time, if ever, lets face it as much as we all clearly like them others just find them far too quirky and they haven't got the charm of the earlier CX/GS and DS's either, there are plenty of people out there who just believe them to be plain ugly. The hydraulics still put off the ill-informed and (thankfully) those who want a daily runabout they can just run into the ground and they aren't rare enough to be purchased purely on the basis of no-one else having one so the market is still very niche and as a result the prices are rock bottom and will be for a while yet.

Thats my 10 pence worth anyway and just my opinion, which doesn't neccassarily mean I'm right (although I hope I am).
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Unfortunatly the seller either loves the car so much he doesnt want to sell it and is being forced too (hence the price) or hes a alcaholic.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

nstarmore wrote:BX's ........, there are plenty of people out there who just believe them to be plain ugly.
Never heard this as a criticism before. :shock: After all they spring from a style Guru who was a designer for Lamborghini. :D 8)

Even though it is about 13 years since the production of the hatchback came to an end, it still retains it's good looks in the modern era, albeit deceptively appearing a little smaller than it's bland & bloated modern counterparts with comparable interior space. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Way2go wrote:
nstarmore wrote:BX's ........, there are plenty of people out there who just believe them to be plain ugly.
Yeah and these are the people who you'll find riding round in Punto's or Multiplas.

Nuff said :roll:
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

As a child we had a succesion of BX's, and one of my mates said it was the ugliest car he ever saw, mind you his father did drive a white Mazda 626 :lol:
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I have had someone say the BX is plain ugly, I reminded him about Multiplas and late Ford Scorpios. He still insisted it was ugly.

I do not think the BX will ever reach proper classic status (by this I mean a demand that pushes prices up )

They made too many of them, and they were never a car that kids wanted a poster of in their bedroom, and then want to own when they get older.

A Sierra cosworth is about 5k, and all the teenage boys wanted them.
Still not very big money.

Mike
Last edited by Mike E (uk) on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
M

Post by M »

2 Diesel BX in the back of this months car mechanics mag - one at £800, one SORNed at "offers".
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

Marty wrote:2 Diesel BX in the back of this months car mechanics mag - one at £800, one SORNed at "offers".
:shock: :?
Nic

- 1987 BX 16V (project)
M

Post by M »

Not sure on the SORNed one - its a red H plater with no MOT or Tax but apparently has had spheres at some point in its life!
I wonder if he would take half a packet of Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles?
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

...be fair its gotta be worth at least a packet of jaffa cakes
Nic

- 1987 BX 16V (project)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I'd already seen this advert. It's on its way to my insurance company along with the rest of my claim for Snoopy, with a note saying that mine was a more desirable car!