Meeting In Coventry

Anything about BXs
tim leech

Meeting In Coventry

Post by tim leech »

Bit of a poor turnout guys, only 5 people in 4 cars turned out. Myself I only travlled 40 miles but the rest travelled 120-150 to get there, was great to meet everyone and hope u got home safetly.

Hope if the weathers better next time we can muster a few more people.

Gareth your TZD is so clean its a credit to you matey, mines been jetwashed now so looks half respectable again! and the SPOILERS still on!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Unfortunately I couldn't go because I was asked to go have a look at a BX which the RAC said had a water pump leak.

Turns out its only a water hose :) but a water hose down the back of the engine :twisted:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think we all (of those that couldn't attend) should say a big thanks to those who did turn up. The Club will need gatherings - possibly in the spring/summer, to help broaden its appeal. I think with over 100 members a few more than 4 BXs would have been nice on this occasion, but then again it is early days - and the season's not ideal. Well done those stalwarts!

Time to plan the Annual Rally in June (it's only a suggestion!) with a Picnic in the Park at .............................

With sufficient notice even I can't make an excuse.

=D>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Is there anyway we can have a specific page that lists the people who have definately said 'yes' they will attend?

It gives people a better idea whether its worth driving 200 miles to a meet only you turn up for.....

At the moment its a nightmare trawling through all the posts to see who is going.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good post Philip, I`m in total agreement. Unfortunately I couldn`t attend for various reasons and I`m sorry I missed it.
Ian, I wonder if another meet is planned maybe, just maybe, if a visit to an attraction is planned where an entrance fee would be charged we could ask for a small deposit by Paypal?
That way maybe with plenty of notice we could get a good turn out and people may be more inclined to turn up?
I`d love a crack at having a stand/show area at a classic car show somewhere, I believe it would attract more people, be bloody good fun and also possibly attract more new members?
I`ll echo Philip`s sentiments again and say a big `hats off` to those who attended today.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Well some of us got there anyway, the Museum occupied us for a while then we went to look at some Citroens :) Here are the faithful few

We had better get some warmer weather booked for the next one, I think Gareth got his car there on a covered trailer, it was so clean, mine looks like its been on a rally now, will post more pics once I figure out how to make them small enough.
Stewart

Image resized by Marty
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks for the picture stewart!

Cars look great!, Was worth the drive even with a dodgy heater. Dig the boy racer airinduction scoop!

If we arange a national has to be sometime warm as its f***ing cold! Im wrapped up in my dressing gown ith a beechams as I have caught a chill!

If anyone is interested the above pictures 19txd maybe available for sale. 11 months mot with history and 16v wheels and 2 new tyres (silly scarf and cd player not included!), as I cant drive 2 cars at once.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hello just had to join in and say jolly well done, Im affraid I had to give the weather best, cold foggy and the weather was'nt much better.
Best wishes all.
Geoff.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hehe looking at the picture can u tell I fitted new plates last week! Bit bright
Gareth Wales
BXpert

TheFamousFiveGoToCoventry (By EnidBlyton)

Post by Gareth Wales »

What a great day for Coventry - brilliant weather, even better company and those cars... Wow.
I'm sure the absentees mostly have honourable excuses, but it does indicate that such meetings do require just a bit - no, a lot- of commitment - I mean there were nearly 500 hits to the original message which indicates a certain interest.
But in my view, the Coventry meet showed once again that the club is as much about interesting (and quite disparate) people as it is about iconic cars.
Viveledifference
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

It was a very pleasant afternoon with great company. All too brief but that's to be expected with the weather. SWMBO (who took the photo) was in transports of delight (groan) at the transport museum.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

SWMBO oscar?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

She Who Must Be Obeyed :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

cavmad wrote:She Who Must Be Obeyed :wink:
Ken Dodd & those teeth.... "Women, dont surprise your fella - it doesnt give him time to think of anyone" :lol: :lol: :lol:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ahh right! (her indoors!) lol dont have one of them, 5 cars and a mother tho so maybe thats as bad or good?