Rear wash/wipe switch

BX Tech talk
JohnHA
Confirmed BX'er

Rear wash/wipe switch

Post by JohnHA »

Can anyone give a difinative answer please.

Should the rear wash/wipe switch fitted in a K reg (1992) BX GTI 8 valve be the click on type with an intermittent wipe until clicked off?
Mine is a push and hold to operate so if i change it to the clicky one is that all there is to it?
JohnHA
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

No.

Berline's were always push to operate, let go to stop.
Only estate's had intermittant rear wipe, this is because the aerodynamics of the berline keep the rear screen clear when on the move.

I've seen a few modded with estate type intermittant wipe, but from factory this was not so.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
JohnHA
Confirmed BX'er

Rear wash/wipe

Post by JohnHA »

Thanks for that.
If i changed to the clicky type is it just the switch or is there more technical stuff to do.
JohnHA
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

There's a relay / timer that lives in the hatch that'll need as well. It's all pretty simple plug in stuff.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
prm
BXpert

Post by prm »

As Doc mentioned, would be best to do a raiding party on an estate for the relay/timer, wiring complete with plugs, and switch.

As the switches are not a straight swap, with the hatch wiring, and non latching control multi-pin plug.