2400 miles in two weeks

Anything about BXs
bill o
Confirmed BX'er

2400 miles in two weeks

Post by bill o »

back in september i travelled from kent to scotland with my bx tzd 1.7 turbo,overnight from ashford and towing my caravan we headed for our first destination at castle douglas ,near dumfries.the next few days we toured the area solo and then hitched up the caravan and travelled some 70miles across towards galashiels .the next part of the journey was solo again as we travelled north to dunbeath near wick and a couple of days later we returned back to our caravan via loch ness ,glen coe and glasgow.our next day trip was down to coldstream and back .it was on this part of our travels that we had our only problem with the car.one of the brake pads wore right down to bare metal before i could locate the replacements.we eventually got new ones in kelso and i fitted these when we got back to the caravan.finally we attached the caravan and headed for scarborough where we stopped for a day before returning home to kent.not bad for a car with approx 240,000miles on the clock.overall we covered roughly 2400 miles ,of this about 1000 miles was towing the caravan and fuel consumption was around 36 mpg.