WHY I LOVE THE BX

Anything about BXs
tim leech

WHY I LOVE THE BX

Post by tim leech »

Just some idle ramble but its just me saying why I still love BXs, been driving the newbie Gti a bit today, ok so it has the odd bump and the engines not the quitest but its fast, so comfy and fits me like a glove.

I have a £20k golf on the drive which doesnt fit me aswell, everything within reach (except the radio) and I still think its a handsome car and great to drive,

Anyone else agree? :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Totally.
Spent the day fettling ELF for the MoT tuesday, I even like being underneath them, it's like being at home.

Brought my valver home since it hasn't been out in over a month since it got attacked by bovine terrorists, and despite it looking like, well, like it's been kicked in by a cow I had a f%^king huge grin on my face all the way home.
I'd forgotten just what a totally special car it is.
I wouldn't have a new car given me, I just haven't ever found any other car I'd rather drive than a BX.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Yep, there's something about the BX that is a bit addictive.
We've got 2 16Vs, a Tri Estate, and a TZi here.
One of my sons also has a Xsara VTS that he loves, but if the boys are going to a car do, which they did recently which was a 1000 klm trip return, guess which car was chosen as the vehicle of choice?
I have trip of close to 2000 klms that I have to get done as soon as time permits, which I last did in the Xantia, but now with the air/con going 100% in the 16V and as there's only 3 of us going, the 16V is IT!!
The lad that owns the TZi reckons he'll drive it as long as he can and then probably store it as a collectible or club car as he reckons he can't see himself ever getting rid of it as it has everything he would ever want in a car.
He's already owned it around 4/5 years.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

I whole heartedly agree with all of the above.

I know my BX is old but she runs like a dream and when you get wherever you are going you get out feeling great.

A few months ago when i had a minor problem with my BX my brother let me drive his rover 418 td estate same engine as my BX but what a peice of S--T.
It had rattles in places i dont think my BX even has places and uncomfortable don't get me started on that!. :roll:

I was overjoyed when the bx was up and running again.
I intend to keep my BX as long as it is physically possible.
May i just say what a find this website was it has been a pleasure to read and get involved.

all the best to all you fellow BX'rs Regards Kermit
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Re: WHY I LOVE THE BX

Post by m_2975 »

tim leech wrote:Anyone else agree? :D
I think we all do. If we didn't we'd be driving something newer and more "sensible".

I certainly do and I think that I will be driving them forever. The BX is just me and always has been; always will.

While the 16V seats hurt my back I don't have to have a 16V, the 8V seats and even the TR/TZ trim is just fantastic. Perfect for all day driving.

I hope that all still goes well on the GTI while you have it, they are a fantastic machine.
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

docchevron1472 wrote:Totally.
Spent the day fettling ELF for the MoT tuesday,
Is that ELF - the black auto GTi?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
millbanksunclub
Confirmed BX'er

Post by millbanksunclub »

With you all the way Tim, we got a little 306 hdi and drive it to our place in the south of france 3 times a year but went down in the tzd a few weeks back and what a nice drive better seats no back probs and i could put the seats down and kip in the back. 50+ mpg at 70mph on autoroute was just as cheap to drive down as the 306. Will i take it again yep with 194,000 on clock its only just run in.
You are never more than 20 feet from a nudist.
bill o
Confirmed BX'er

why i love the bx

Post by bill o »

yes i agree ,see my other post re 2400 miles in 2weeks.all done in comfort and the tzd is a great tow car for my caravan.this is my forth bx .i have had a 1.9 tgd estate,2x 1.7 turbo tzd estates and now have the tzd saloon.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Philip chidlow wrote:
Is that ELF - the black auto GTi?
:wink: it's all hush hush on a need to know basis....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...