Changing Clutch cable on a TZD

BX Tech talk
joolie
BXpert

Changing Clutch cable on a TZD

Post by joolie »

Here I was thinking that changing a clutch cable would be a relativley quick and easy operation. . .

How the /#"k is one supposed to get the pedal connection through from the engine into the car interior? there is a rubber seal that I cant even get a finger through nevermind the cable. . .

I put a wire through and connected it to the cable but its not coming easy.

anyone care to shed some light on this one?
'91 BX MkII 1769cc Turbo TZD Break

running on RME/SVO

IF it aInt BrOKe dON't trY 'n FIx iT.
joolie
BXpert

Post by joolie »

I was beginning to thing this question was going to end up on the top 10 list of most retarded (and unanswered) questions!

The pedal assembly is out of the car, so I can get from there, underneath is a mess of fuel and hydraulic pipes theres no access there.

The 2 bolts 'under the bonnet' are NOT undone i think, where is this access plate exactly? I cant figure out where you mean?

Do you mean actually where the engine is or the part where the washer water is?

running on RME/SVO

m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

You will find the access hole diagonally above the brake valve.

Look from the top behind the engine on the drivers side. It's sort of in the corner down low. Not that easy to access but is possible. It's a black rubber boot with a black metal surrounding plate. You'll need a good work light as it's black on black down there. From memory the two small screws that jon describes are on diagonal corners of the plate and are a silvery metal colour.

EDIT: Just saw you're a Sweede. It will be located sort of next to the battery. It's not near the washer bottle, but right behind the gearbox. I'm not that good with LHD cars...I know what it looks like and where it should be.
Your job will be a breeze in comparison to RHD cars.

Jon, you cut the boot?? You should be ashamed LOL.
The boot is VERY tight and if you can get the cable out and the new one in without breaking the little lugs and not cutting the boot you are doing really well. Personally I don't blame you for doing it that way...makes sense and is sealed up in the end really.

I either soak the boot in hot water first or use some armourall to lubricate and then with much effort pull it in.

Michael
Last edited by m_2975 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
joolie
BXpert

Post by joolie »

ok! thanks, Ill be on to it in the morrow. . .

running on RME/SVO