Love those wheels

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
toddao
BXpat

Love those wheels

Post by toddao »

Quite like the whole package really but those wheels do it for me. Original Citroen alloys made by RW of Belgium. Only ever seen one other set. The seller lists it for 'beginners or motorbike riders' as a 'winter car' - bit of a thing here in Germany - buy a hack for the bad months. I'm sure it will find a good home though.
Not so far from me, maybe I should pop round with a few bricks and relieve him of those alloys? He won't notice the steelies suddenly appearing.. :-k

http://cgi.ebay.de/Anfaenger-Motoradfah ... dZViewItem
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

That cars got extras, looks like some guage fitted next to the ashtray (or coin thingy?) & front armrest. Get down there fast :D
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It's that colour as well. Great colour. Also well photographed - you never see BXs jacked all the way up for ads. Gotta work out whether there's enough space in the barn amongst all the other crap. Will try to sell it to the wife using the ' we can't run our rare Mk.1 estate through the winter..' angle. But.. petrol ( I've always had diesels) and automatic..?? Just for the wheels... :shock:
Todd

m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

That's a BX 16TZI. It has a cat and ABS. According to the description the Auto is like day one, it has a complete new exhaust system and battery and is rust free due to being stood for 15 years in a garage. It's got the Zenith trim, sunroof and a passenger side electric mirror, plus one touch on the drivers window.

I'm undecided about the wheels, they're unoffensive and not bland. I don't know. Hmmmm
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

m_2975 wrote:stood for 15 years in a garage.
Not knowing any German, I missed that.

It's a fantastic spec, but I wouldn't ever own a car that's been standing again. A lot of the problems I had with the Arsemobile were down to the fact that it had been stored for 6 years - every rubber seal and pipe had rotted. Now imagine how much more piping there is on a BX than an old Rover...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

?????' ?' ???????????????????????????????????????Stu, ?
Todd

stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Si on parle en francais ou italien, il n'y a pas de probleme mais je ne connais aucun japonais!
mikael

Post by mikael »

stuart_hedges wrote:Si on parle en francais ou italien, il n'y a pas de probleme mais je ne connais aucun japonais!
Nu er jeg ikke så god til Japansk, men for mig ligner det mere Kinesisk end Japansk..

Med venlig hilsen.
Mikael.
'91 BX TZD Turbo Break.(Estate)
'90 BX TZD Hatch.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Stu, it was a comment on you not knowing any German.. in my best Chinese :x , translates as :

"These days anyone can 'speak' any language using internet translators , I doubt whether our Australian friend speaks German any more than I speak Chinese,Stu."

but when you feed it back through the machine again it comes out like this -

"Any person canned food ' speaks the ' any one language these days use Internet translator. I suspected we the Australian friend compares me to speak Chinese to speak German or Stu, again"

But it's good to see some Danish being used on the forum! Tried to put that through the machine but it doesn't feature Danish - Mikael?

Anyway back to the topic... ahhh, those wheels.. slobber, slobber, wouldn't mind being ran over with those.. slobber, slobber.. :P
Todd

m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

toddao wrote:I doubt whether our Australian friend speaks German any more than I speak Chinese,Stu.
Excuse me Sir!

I'm Swiss. Of couse I understand German. Wether it's as good as yours I doubt but it's still there and I can keep up a fluent conversation.

As you demonstrate, Internet translators are not very good!
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Michael, I apologise for any misinterpretation, it was more of a joke about the internet translator. Whereabouts in Switzerland are you from? And how did you end up at the other end of the world? I can almost see your homeland out of the window..
Todd

m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

toddao wrote:Michael, I apologise for any misinterpretation, it was more of a joke about the internet translator. Whereabouts in Switzerland are you from? And how did you end up at the other end of the world? I can almost see your homeland out of the window..
No hard feelings, it's ok. I know how "great" the internet translators are.

Actually technically i'm not Swiss in the strictest sense :oops:
My parents and grandparents are all Swiss and I'm a Swiss citizen, so I call myself Swiss :lol: :lol:

I was actually born here in Australia but my Mum's from Luzern and my Dad from Basel. They came over with their parents many years ago....

Please don't tease me about seeing it out your window!
I really miss Switzerland as it's been quite a few years since I last visited.
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

We are 8km from the border, though don't go there so often. Was in Zürich last Friday to see a band which was formed in Melbourne - Crowded House. They sung their lovely song 'Four Seasons in One Day' which is also about that very city.. ( how's the weather?)

Do you, by any chance, speak Chinese? Might be useful when they invade! Anyway, I learn to not under-estimate people.. :-k unless you tell me you drink VB..
Todd

mikael

Post by mikael »

toddao wrote:
But it's good to see some Danish being used on the forum! Tried to put that through the machine but it doesn't feature Danish - Mikael?
Nu er jeg ikke så god til Japansk, men for mig ligner det mere Kinesisk end Japansk..

Roughly translate to.:
I'm no expert on Japanese, but to me it looks more like Chinese than Japanese

I cheated and googled the first 2 characters and found that they occur mainly on Chinese pages, and then translated it using babelfish. ;-)

I have yet to find a online translator that feature Danish, maybe it's because it's only used by a very limited number of people.
'91 BX TZD Turbo Break.(Estate)
'90 BX TZD Hatch.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

m_2975 - i dont think u r missing much, there's been some rioting during a political rally this week in Bern....

I'm not swiss, but was born over there, nr Zurich, lovely place....sigh!! miss all that luverly food & beautiful scenery & of course the skiing....