Fuctocks and many more things.

Anything about BXs
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Fuctocks and many more things.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi all Sorry just had to have a rant. Came out got in car looked in mirror and though that looks funny, got out had a look and found that both nearside doors had been stoved in, dosnt it make you bloody sick. It makes me want to get a range rover or something, girders front and rear, No mot,insurance,no tax etc. if I got hit then then what the hell, run the bastard off the road. :twisted: :twisted:
Thought I might feel better after that but I dont.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Toddman
BXpert

Britain

Post by Toddman »

Sorry to hear that :(
It seems very few people have any sense of decency these days, personally I think the country has gone to the dogs over th epast ten years older people may have noticed the decline sooner.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Hit by a car? kicked in? mine keeps getting petty vandalism, now have CCTV and the local kids leave well alone (graphic threats to cut pushbikes in half demonstrated with grinder and piece of exhaust pipe may have helped too) :twisted:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Condolences Geoff but

Post by Gareth Wales »

I drove from Wales to Edinburgh for my daughters graduation. Parked my car in a bay in the Grassmarket. Returning, full of good cheer, and approaching the Grassmarket on one of Edinburgh's many city centre bridges I looked down to see a police recovery vehicle towing a battered piece of automotive metal away. "Some poor Sod, " I thought to myself. Moments later, I was looking at the remains of my own BX, which I later learnt, had been skewered and dragged by a 4wd. Got back home by train two days late. They never got the culprit, (stolen 4wd) and I got a couple of 100 pounds for my BX . Happened years ago. Still ranting!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Horrible bastards, hope you find them and give them a severe booting. If so please give them a hefty welt from me.
Vauxhall apologist.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Sorry to hear about that,prob'ly some stupid rich cow in a 4x4 who cant drive,so hubby buys her a 4x4 [to take the precious little brats to school in] so when she eventually has a nasty accident she'll kill or maim some-one else .....if you ever find out who it was give her a slap from me too.
Terry
'92 BXTZD
'88 2CV6
"Loves all things Citroen,Hates 4X4's"
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thanks chaps thats very nice of you all, sorry to hear of the other tales of woe. I really dont understand this world any more, something must have gone very wrong somewhere. My generation ( flower power and all that ) must have done something wrong. I feel sorry for the youngsters nowadays, they dont seem to have a lot to look fallword to,. well not in this country anyway.
Cheers and take care.
Geoff.
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

On a more calmer note .....dunno how bad the dents are on your BX but some-one did the same trick to my son-in-laws AXgti .....I removed the dent completely with a kitchen sink plunger.
HTH
Terry
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Geoffrey, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortunes, it's unlikely your going to find the culprit so lets get constructive.
How bad is the damage ? and what colour are the doors.

My own personal experiances tell me the quickest way to get over these things is to rectify the damage asap.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

With the metal on these cars being so thin, i've been told that if you leave it more than a couple of days then the metal 'sets' making it near impossible to get the dents out completely.

If its a big dent you stand MUCH better chance as well, it might look worse but is likley to punch out completely.

If it was sunny theres a trick using margarine that is supposed to work amazingly well, cant say i've tried, nor have i seen the sun recently, but i reckon you have a good chance of getting it out!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

ken newbold wrote:Geoffrey, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortunes, it's unlikely your going to find the culprit so lets get constructive.
How bad is the damage ? and what colour are the doors.

My own personal experiances tell me the quickest way to get over these things is to rectify the damage asap.
Good call Ken and reminded me I have four doors for a BX in my garage in white. Yours ex gratis if you need them Geoffrey, just send me a pm or e-mail or something.
Incidentally I bought a dent puller from Machine Mart, about six quid I think.
Tricky to use at first but VERY effective.
Vauxhall apologist.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If yours is the dark grey, then I have a spares car up the road in Gloucester with doors that you could have..I'd need you to replace them with your old doors though so I could still drive it to its final resting place. (Moving up to North Wales shortly).

Incidentally, that's a thought - is it a legal requirement to have doors on your car? :?
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

It would make driving standards a lot better if there were no doors on cars!
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

There are various "kit cars" and so called "fun cars" which dont have doors ....Caterhams,Lotus 7's etc ...."Beach Buggys" ...even some of the 2CV based kits,Lomaxes etc ...does the 2CV Mehari {Jeepy thing}have doors .....I used to remove the doors from my Dyane years ago when I was young and stupid [as oposed to being older and still stupid now]
At a guess I'd imagine the law applies the same as riding a trike [the "3 wheeled mutilated motorcycle" variety] or one of those "quad" things that seem to be becoming more numerous on the roads around where I live [prob'ly due to a local "Garden Centre" selling what they claim to be a "road legal" version].
Terry
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Futtocks etc

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi all thank you. I have a couple of doors which have been sourced, it was hit by a vehicle.(hit and run).Dent was about 12" by 24" by about 3" and creased I dont know why the glass didnt go. The other door was a smaller dent but was right on the waist line.Thanks for kind words and support, that is what makes this club so special.
Cheers.
Geoff.