1989 19GTI 8V 12 MONTHS MOT, TAXED, SERVICED! PICTURES!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

1989 19GTI 8V 12 MONTHS MOT, TAXED, SERVICED! PICTURES!

Post by tim leech »

Ive been offered a rather interesting project, which I would love to take on, but to do so I need the space, and as the newly aquired GTi and I havent bonded yet lol I will move that on to make room.

Its a ex Citroen fleet (P2) 1989 Gti 8v with 109000 miles, finished in metallic anthracite grey and drives very well, has 2 newish Pirelli front tyres and 2 good budgets on the back, also in the last 12 months has had new front spheres/accumulator sphere and a LHM change. The car is very original, has both keys, original radio, owners pack with some history, genuine mudflaps all round and front mats.

The car now has its 12 months MOT, along with the remainder of the tax until the end of next month. Since I aquired it I have fitted a new valeo starter (not a cheapo one), front pads, air filter, wheel bearing, numberplate, oil and filter, plugs and leads, and drained and refilled the cooling system with quality antifreeze. I would avise as with any car that the next owner gets the cambelt and tensioner changed as a precaution.

On top of that its had those horrible peugeot wheels exchanged with correct steels which have been revalved and balanced, fitted a BRAND new genuine citroen Z style trim to go with the other 3 (TZS/TZD type). As you all know im no mechanic so alot of the heavy work has been done by the garage where I work, to a very high standard, but of course thats not free :D

Body wise its not mint but is presentable and shiny, it is totally rust free though (A posts, boot floor and inner wings are all perfect), the drivers door and front wing have been repainted at sometime and are slighltly off-colour but its not too noticeable, there is a dent in the nearside sill at the back, which hasnt broken the paint and I would imagine pull out.

The only thing that doesnt work is the rear washwipe which may be a switch or fuse etc, however I will supply a BRAND NEW boxed valeo rear wiper motor with the car just incase, there is a slight noise from the rear which is possibly a grumbly wheelbearing, but there is no play and its not loud by any means and its passed its MOT.

Ive totted up the parts bill for the car, the labour (at £40+VAT a hour), what I gave the owner for it, the MOT test fee etc etc and all in all it owes me a fair bit over £300.

So thats what I am asking for her, which isnt bad for any car with 12 months MOT, let alone for a nice Gti with alot going for it. PM if interested please, any trial or inspection is welcomed. first £300 in cash buys it :D

If anyone has a olympic blue 16/19TZS/D in very good nick I would of course consider a swop!
Last edited by tim leech on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tim, don't get me wrong that's a fair price for a decent car but what about the following...

"Coming along nicely, fitted a NEW starter yesterday (god that was awkward), changed the oil and filter, plugs, air filter and flushed the cooling system, freed off the fromt heigh corrector and sealed the exhaust!, and i did it all myself "

" Failed its MOT today, but only on a bad earth to the rear lamp, and a strut retun pipe! So the cost will be next to nothing so thats another one saved! *

:?:

As I say worth the money and any car with a full test is worth £300 all day long.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The actual MOT repairs themselves were next to nothing mate.

However the pads were a advisory, but I decided to get them done as they only had a couple of thousand miles left, along with the very noisy wheelbearing, both of which were sadly beyond my skills :shock: . The wheel bearing took a while to do as he had to take the hub off to get the old one out, the pads and strut return pipe were straight forward enough but still took about a hour.

I found no record of it having a service for some time so I did the filters etc , the starter itself was broken, so had to be changed as I didnt fancy push starting it everywhere :oops: I did both of these before the MOT to help its chances!

Does that make sense 8)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Pictures!

[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/ ... /BXGTI.jpg[/IMG]

Ok why doesnt it work then? :?
Last edited by tim leech on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

ta!
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Heres some more!

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

AWOOGA! Wrong wheeltrims alert AWOOGA!
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Same colour as my Gti, looks very tidy that & even the low fuel warning light works as well :D
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I've got a Pipercross airfilter to fit this car if the buyer wants it gratis.

Also got the pipe that goes between the AFM and throttle body which again is free.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

cavmad wrote:AWOOGA! Wrong wheeltrims alert AWOOGA!
I know billy but trust me they look a damn site better than the 'orrible pug wheels that where on it!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Now on ebay! I will take it off if anyones seriously interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=004
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Have a viewing this weekend, fingers crossed! :wink:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

hope your free BX makes plenty of profit to spend on the valver, would be good to have it looking as good underneath as on top!