Tempting GTi?

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Tempting GTi?

Post by Philip Chidlow »

No offence Tim! But seriously this seems a nice example - assuming you can fix the body and want to fork out on a respray. Not worth too much in its current form, but has potential. Rust mentioned - wonder how much is hiding in the wings so to speak. Would need a careful look.

So all in all, Tim's rot-free example might well be a better bet after all :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=010
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

Spooky, my parents had a light blue 16RS reg no F239 MJH.... Truro's a bit far from me just for a conincidental reg no though. And it's not a 16V....
I NEED a BX TD.
tim leech

Re: Tempting GTi?

Post by tim leech »

Philip chidlow wrote:No offence Tim! But seriously this seems a nice example - assuming you can fix the body and want to fork out on a respray. Not worth too much in its current form, but has potential. Rust mentioned - wonder how much is hiding in the wings so to speak. Would need a careful look.

So all in all, Tim's rot-free example might well be a better bet after all :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=010
Nice looking car phil, but I would rather have a rust free car and do the oily bits, my car has gone to a new home Phil and another BX project is looming! :wink:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Yes, rust is the killer.

So, Tim... new project???
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

But how do really know that Tim's had no rust?
Theres plenty of places they can rot and keep it well hidden.
How well was it really checked underneath?

What I'm saying is, a BX is an old car now, they can and do rust, and I bet even the best shiniest example you could find will have rust in it somewhere.

So, what is the new project? a 4TC?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I thoroughly inspected it mate when it was on the ramp having the MOT, I lifted the boot carpet etc aswell and so evidence at all, our MOT tester is renowned for using a small rubber mallet on any suspect area and it passed that test lol The a pillars are perfect as are the inner wings.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Bet I could find some rust somewhere!

Your valver has a ticket, and thats as ripe as a pear..

I've had loads of BX's that had MoT's that should never EVER have been allowed anywhere near a road.

I'm not saying that the GTi you had was a dog. I haven't seen it, what I am saying is that ANY car of that age will never be "as new" and therefore the general expectations of any purchaser should take into account he fact they are buying an old car.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have described the car to the guy with its faults and weeknesses, hes had a couple of them before, and knows for what hes paying it wont be mint by any means and will need some minor fettling.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hows your foot Doc and did u still want to my car when your better, its MOT is due in a few days so need to decide to store it away or get in with repairing it
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

MR. LEECH!
Hello in there....

knock knock....

HELLO.......

Do you never read PM's??

Read your PM's......

ARGH!

Er, YES, I should crack on with it son.

As it goes my foot has now reached that stage of itching all the f%^king time, so much so I'm tempted to chew it off, but thats not important right now.

READ YOUR PM'S!

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

DOC AS I SAID BEFORE MATE, I HAVENT HAD A PM FROM YOU, NOT ONE, NIL, NOWT, ZILCH, NADA, NUFFIN BIG FAT ZERO, so somethings gone astray! Can you check in your outbox or sent box to see if they are there and resend!

Many thankies :D