Rare badge, brand new.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

docchevron1472 wrote:Dont really get this "Must have new shiny sh!t" mentality TBH.
I don't get this "why buy a new one if I can have a second hand one" mentality when it comes to parts TBH.
docchevron1472 wrote:It's just a badge, even a new badge wont make a crap car better.
Very True!
I wasn't exactly talking about shiny badges though. I was talking about parts in general when I said I was buying up most things that were genuine.

docchevron1472 wrote:Not that I'm saying your car is crap, I'm saying...It's just a badge.
No offence taken....I see your point.
docchevron1472 wrote:Have you discovered alcohol yet Michael? Thats got to be a better way to spend your AU dollars!
I have Doc, however I choose to spend my money on things that I have to show later, not just use it to buy alcohol, get pissed and then have nothing.

Maybe we think differently.

:?: :?: :?:

Michael
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

m_2975 wrote:
I don't get this "why buy a new one if I can have a second hand one" mentality when it comes to parts TBH.
You'll not find secondhand parts on my cars mate... mechanically they are probably the best 2 BX's on earth. Bodily.....well....not quite yet.

M_2975456156415645644564 wrote: I have Doc, however I choose to spend my money on things that I have to show later, not just use it to buy alcohol, get pissed and then have nothing.

Maybe we think differently.

:?: :?: :?:

Michael
Alcohol FTW!
It's all well and good spending loads of money on cars (god knows i do), but getting drunk is as much fun, combine the two and your on to a winner!
I try to avoid thinking too much, since I have a massive IQ and I'm generally all round brilliance personified it takes it's toll ya know..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

m_2975 wrote:
cavmad wrote:I take it these are unobtainable new now then Michael?
Billy,

They're definately unobtainable through the genuine channels.

Anything that's unobtainable through the genuine channels and is a genuine BX part has my name on it. Have you noticed on ebay lately?

Michael
Erm, no to be honest! I've not looked too hard at anything BX recently.
Vauxhall apologist.
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

docchevron1472 wrote:You'll not find secondhand parts on my cars mate...
Ok fine, met too, but I know those people are out there!
docchevron1472 wrote:mechanically they are probably the best 2 BX's on earth
Steady on there! That's a big claim you are making there.
You're not the only one that spends weeks if not months working on your cars doing things that don't really be to be done but are done anyway.
docchevron1472 wrote:
M_2975456156415645644564 wrote:
God I have to laugh when you add those extra numbers on the end. Hilarious mate!
docchevron1472 wrote:It's all well and good spending loads of money on cars (god knows i do), but getting drunk is as much fun, combine the two and your on to a winner!
Well I'll take your word for it then.
docchevron1472 wrote: I try to avoid thinking too much, since I have a massive IQ and I'm generally all round brilliance personified it takes it's toll ya know..
Yah, I know :lol: :lol: :lol:
cavmad wrote: Erm, no to be honest! I've not looked too hard at anything BX recently.
LOL, I didn't really expect you to anyway! :lol: :lol:
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

m_2975 wrote:
Nothing wrong with that really, if it keeps a car on the road and more importantly keeps someone mobile then it's all good.
M_297546587436576458764576568765487 wrote:
You're not the only one that spends weeks if not months working on your cars doing things that don't really be to be done but are done anyway.
Indeed I am far from the only person that spends alot of time on their cars, but I stand by my claim.
I've worked on alot of people's cars, people that are respected in various circles, and my cars are better than them all.
I've yet to meet anyone that can build anywhere near as good a D6C engine as me. And that may sound egoist, and it is, but others have said the same.
M_2975564561515151564561564 wrote:God I have to laugh when you add those extra numbers on the end. Hilarious mate!
Cant help it, I like numbers me! And it's just so obvious! :wink: :lol:
Michael wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:It's all well and good spending loads of money on cars (god knows i do), but getting drunk is as much fun, combine the two and your on to a winner!
My word is gospel....I speak the truth! Go now to the beer, let temptation be your saviour!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

docchevron1472 wrote:
m_2975 wrote:
Nothing wrong with that really, if it keeps a car on the road and more importantly keeps someone mobile then it's all good.
Ok....point taken :D
docchevron1472 wrote:
M_297546587436576458764576568765487 wrote:
Indeed I am far from the only person that spends alot of time on their cars, but I stand by my claim.
I've worked on alot of people's cars, people that are respected in various circles, and my cars are better than them all.
I've yet to meet anyone that can build anywhere near as good a D6C engine as me. And that may sound egoist, and it is, but others have said the same.
Well you stick to D6C's and I'll stick to DKZ's. That way we won't clash! :LOL:

I'm not interested in the 16V's anyway...I stick to the 8V's.
docchevron1472 wrote:
M_2975564561515151564561564 wrote:God I have to laugh when you add those extra numbers on the end. Hilarious mate!
Cant help it, I like numbers me! And it's just so obvious! :wink: :lol:
That's good. The 2975 signifies something by the way.
docchevron1472 wrote:
Michael wrote:
My word is gospel....I speak the truth! Go now to the beer, let temptation be your saviour!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Billy!

I bought the badge. The sod stopped at about 11pounds (thank god!)

Michael
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

m_2975 wrote: Well you stick to D6C's and I'll stick to DKZ's. That way we won't clash! :LOL:

I'm not interested in the 16V's anyway...I stick to the 8V's.

That's good. The 2975 signifies something by the way.
D6C's FTW!
8valves are ok, but twice the number is, er, well, twice as good!
Ever driven one? A proper one I mean, not one of those strangled things you guys got as standard.
A proper valver is a beast amongst men, designed by the devil :twisted: :lol: 8)

So what does the 2975 signify?

1472's obvious, but 2975?
Subversive?

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Is it how many badges you have in your collection Michael? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

now here's a rare badge for you

or one that I always wear

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

cavmad wrote:Is it how many badges you have in your collection Michael? :lol:
2975?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

cavmad wrote:Is it how many badges you have in your collection Michael? :lol:
Very good Billy!!!!!

No, it's not.
I have about 25 badges so far.

Doc,

2975 is the displacement of the original 24 valve 90degree V6 that was fitted to the XM. Don't ask me why I ever used that because I don't particularly like XM's anyway!
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

docchevron1472 wrote:Ever driven one? A proper one I mean, not one of those strangled things you guys got as standard.
Doc, No I haven't driven a "proper" one as you call it. To me it's not the power that I care about....you look at a 16V. Simplicity is not the aim of the game. Everything's crammed into that engine bay really tightly....there's hardly any room to get a spanner in!

They went berzerk on the cooling hoses (rightly so) but it's just more to break!
Most 16V parts are now discontinued and any that are available are expensive.

The 16V is everything that Citroën doesn't stand for really.

Citroën's are comfortable, relaxed cruisers that take every road in their stride. They are practical generally sensible.

You tell me one bit of what I said Citroën stands for and see if it's true for the 16V.

16V's are not comfortable; far from it with those tiny spheres and unforgiving dampers. They are as hard as a rock.

16V's need real revs to ge them going. Far from relaxing.

Practicality with the bodykit are two oxymorons! You can't lift the car on it's proper spots without cracking the bodkit and it holds all the mud and stuff. A recipe for disaster.

I don't want to argue here so i'm going to stop right here.

Michael
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

m_2975 wrote: Doc, No I haven't driven a "proper" one as you call it. To me it's not the power that I care about....you look at a 16V. Simplicity is not the aim of the game. Everything's crammed into that engine bay really tightly....there's hardly any room to get a spanner in!
Huh? There's plenty of room under the bonnet.... and if you build it right in the first place there's little need to wield spanners under there anyway!
M_V6 XM wrote:They went berzerk on the cooling hoses (rightly so) but it's just more to break!
Hardly... There aint that many hoses.... No more than a TD really. They're only bits of rubber...

M_1905...See what I did there! wrote:Most 16V parts are now discontinued and any that are available are expensive.
Hang fire, I thought you said EVERYTHING is still available for BX's??
I must say I disagree, I've rebuilt a few 16v's now, if you know who to talk to there's plenty of valver stuff about that isn't horrifickley expensive.

M_1360cc wrote:The 16V is everything that Citroën doesn't stand for really.

Citroën's are comfortable, relaxed cruisers that take every road in their stride. They are practical generally sensible.
Er, CX Turbo..Saxo VTS...Xantia Activa....SM......all Cit's IIRC :?
The ride is just fine in a 16v, tis in mine anyhow...
M_oh I'm running out of engine sizes here.... wrote:You tell me one bit of what I said Citroën stands for and see if it's true for the 16V.
But thats your interpretation of what Citroën stands for....for you.
Citroën have a long history of making fast capable cars, the valver was the ultimate production BX, advertised as the flagship BX infact....
It was a cheap (ish) hot hatch for the family man that still likes to give it beans. It's a great car, it really really is.

M_2975 wrote: not comfortable; far from it with those tiny spheres and unforgiving dampers. They are as hard as a rock.
Ask anyone thats ridden in my valver, the ride is fine. Really, they aint hard as a rock unless the spheres are FUBAR.
M_2975 wrote:revs to ge them going. Far from relaxing.
Nah, mine pulls like a train from 1500rpm, and I've driven plenty of others that do to. Ok, you have to spin them up past 4500rpm to get into the "r"really fun" zone, but they sound great doing it, and it's what they were designed for.
M_2975 wrote:h the bodykit are two oxymorons! You can't lift the car on it's proper spots without cracking the bodkit and it holds all the mud and stuff. A recipe for disaster.
Thats odd, cos both of my cars are body kitted, and they go up on ramps often with no cracking of the kit. Single post, twin post and four post ramps..
As for mud... Dude, I live on a farm! You have never seen mud like what we get up there, and my cars dont fill with mud in the body kit....
Rear arches, over the windscreen, in the door handles, occasionally in the ash tray! (er, I was giving it beans with the window open... :roll: ) but never in the kit..

The valver is the most fun BX to own of any of them. You can drive it like a diesel and potter, and it doesn't complain.
Or you can grab it by it's balls and make a man of it, and it doesn't complain...
It's a supremely special place to be, which is why theres a fair few hardened nutters over here that spend stupid money on them and defend them to the hilt.
There's nowt wrong with the 8valve GTi, it's a mighty fine car, but if the 8valve was a Boeing 747-400 the 16valve is Sputnik 1.

m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

Doc,

Your point is taken mate.

You're a 16V fan and I'm a GTI fan. Simple as that. At the end of the day though, we are both BX fans.

We could argue all day and night about it but the fact of the matter is that we both love our BX's. You obviously love your BX for certain qualities and i love mine for different qualities.

Just goes to show that the BX is a very versatile car that appeals to many different people in many different ways.

Cheers drunk

Michael
^^bx>
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A