Car cover thief about

Anything about BXs
gazpacho andulus
Confirmed BX'er

Car cover thief about

Post by gazpacho andulus »

Took the dog out thursday morning and found my TZD estate had been stripped naked by a car cover thief. What next!!!!!! It's light grey and made of the same sort of material as those disposable overalls. Be obliged if any one sees it let me know.
now I'm listening. TZD Estate 1991
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

As a suggestion where to look.
Do you have any parks nearby where all the losers sleep out at night....wineos and the like? Good starting point to look there.
Where I live, there's a bunch of black fellas who get into the booze on a nightly basis (well documented problem over here) and on the way home if they feel too "Oliver Twist" to be able to make it home, call into the caravan park they pass on the way through, pull the covers off a couple of cars, chuck them under trees and sleep on them.
Caravanners ring the coppers next day who call into the park, pick up all the car covers, take them back to the park and let the owners sift through them until they find their own.
If they're lucky, the fella who slept on it hasn't left last nights "rough red" in recycled form in the middle of it. :shock: drunk ~ale~

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

I was thinking the same thing.
Another likely source would be www.ebay.co.uk

Sadly, anything that's not bolted down will walk off with ease these days.

Unless of course one of your neighbours likes to see the car and can't bear
to have it covered up...

Andrew
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Re: Car cover thief about

Post by ed4ferrets »

gazpacho andulus wrote:Took the dog out thursday morning and found my TZD estate had been stripped naked by a car cover thief. What next!!!!!! It's light grey and made of the same sort of material as those disposable overalls. Be obliged if any one sees it let me know.
I'm even more interested as it belonged to me ... cost the best part of 50 quid :evil:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

AlanS wrote:As a suggestion where to look.
Do you have any parks nearby where all the losers sleep out at night....wineos and the like? Good starting point to look there.
Where I live, there's a bunch of black fellas who get into the booze on a nightly basis (well documented problem over here) and on the way home if they feel too "Oliver Twist" to be able to make it home, call into the caravan park they pass on the way through, pull the covers off a couple of cars, chuck them under trees and sleep on them.
Caravanners ring the coppers next day who call into the park, pick up all the car covers, take them back to the park and let the owners sift through them until they find their own.
If they're lucky, the d who slept on it hasn't left last nights "rough red" in recycled form in the middle of it. :shock: drunk ~ale~

Alan S
Sorry to be the whinger here but I'm really not keen on that expression Alan. It can have racist connotations over here, and having friends/in laws who have had that word 'used' against them I always wince when I see it. Could you re-word it please mate? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Jon.
Vauxhall apologist.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

In the interests of "cultural exchange" can someone tell me what I said? :-k ](*,)

If it was "blackfella" it's what aborigines refer to themselves as over here. Only whites trying to be politically correct find it offensive, much to the amusement of the aborigines.
As a mate of mine once said when a racist comment on his colour was made, "Don't know what his problem is, but if it's me colour, I learnt to live with it years ago. I get reminded of it every morning when I look into the mirror. If I can live with it, I can't see why he can't."

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I'll pm you Alan.
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

On sale from Thurday 1st Nov (today) at Lidl Stores for £7.99:

Protective Car Cover
Made from durable water repellent and temperature resistant polyester (-40°C to +90°C). Available in the various sizes. Price per item
1991 BX19GTi Auto