For Sale (Sadly).. My 205GTi

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

For Sale (Sadly).. My 205GTi

Post by CitroXim »

My apologies for offering a Peugeot in this forum but I am a FCF Refugee!

For reasons explained in the Displaced FCF forum, I'm having to sell my GTi :cry:

Details:

1990 Early Phase 2 Cherry Red (unfaded) 1.6 GTi in very original condition. It is entirely standard in every way except the radio, which has been replaced by a JVC CD Player.

She is in very good and tidy overall condition and has been owned by me for the past three years. She has done 138,000 miles. In my ownership she has led an easy, quiet life, being a weekend fun car, owned and kept as a modern classic and not used as a boy-racer.

MOT is due in September 2008 and Tax in August 2008.

Nearly everything on the car mechanically has been either replaced or totally overhauled, including the engine (one of the sweetest XU5JAs I know) and the rear beam, a very expensive undertaking.

In the last two years the following significant items have been replaced: Clutch, AFM, New OE exhaust complete, cambelt, water pump, heater matrix, radiator, hoses, tyres (Dunlop SP Sport 01), quarter-light rubbers, rear shocks and sandwich mounts. New fuel lines complete, all new brake pipes, new front discs.

Servicing has been carried out diligently and all issues resolved rapidly.

Everything works, including the electric windows and central locking. It is fitted with an approved immobiliser.

Bodily, the car is tidy with no major flaws. It is substantially rust-free but is showing a patina of age and fair use. The tailgate is faded and needs a respray. The rear bumper has a ding in it (prior to my ownership) but I have a good used bumper to fit.

The interior is clean but again shows evidence of fair use. The drivers seat has the usual collapsed bolster. This car is not mint nor concours but is a good, honest example and hides no nasty secrets. It is entirely free of bodges and has always been totally reliable.

The gearbox has a worn 3rd/4th gear syncho, causing the occasional crunch but is fine otherwise.

The car will come with a hoard of various spares.

Viewing by appointment and I am content for it to be subject to any test.

I am open to (sensible) offers. PM me for further details...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
admiral51
Confirmed BX'er

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Jim
must be a sad day for you to let the 205 go but i can understand your reasons.i hope you get what its worth and that it goes to the right owner who will appreciate the work that you have put into it

best of luck with the estate im sure you will pull it apart and piece it back together more times than you care before its upto "citrojims" standards

colin
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Yes, a sad day indeed Colin :cry:

Needs must but having said that, I've had a whale of a time with her, learned loads and enjoyed every minute. Time to move on though and I have taken a decision to go 100% Xantia from now on. In particular I can now cosset my Activa, get her really nice and treat her as a classic car, which one day I'm sure she will be. It is only a matter of time before the Activa is up there with the BX Valver :)

My GTi is now on eBay (Item 270191345568) complete with a whole host of pictures.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Lovely little car that. Here's a link in case anyone wants to go to it direct...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

jim, i can honestly say i'm shocked. I've been around long enough to know how much your going to miss that car and i'm on 205 drivers as well!

Its not a matter of time, the activa is a better car in too many respects than the valver, they've always been to expensive and too refined for my likeing though, i like em cheap and rough
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

That looks like exactly the 205 I'd like to own!

I would like a 205 GTi one day.

I can't possibly afford it though, so best of luck with the sale.