Rescue this number ?

Anything about BXs
Brian King
BX 4x4 Owner. Brave.

Rescue this number ?

Post by Brian King »

Does such a thing exist as a BX owner with loads of spare cash? No, I thought not. Anyway, I was in Salisbury this week visiting friends and outside a neighbour's house there was parked a grey Peugeot with the registration number BX 1. I could get more details if anyone was serious about trying to tempt the owner to sell it.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Depends on how much he wants for it, normally anything with a couple of letters and then the number 1 costs a FORTUNE!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Probably looking at about 15 grand plus there.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

Im sure that number plate appeared on a 16v BX a few years back as the car was on the 'bay - IIRR it was somewhere ooop North like, Oldham I think.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I want CBX 16V but I understand it's on a motorbike, and I dont think you can transher plates between cars and bikes..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
M

Post by M »

docchevron1472 wrote:and I dont think you can transher plates between cars and bikes..
All together now... Oh yes you can! :lol: [/panto mode]
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Ah, that puts a different complexion on things.
Right, lets see if I can find me the Honda thing that has said plate!
Ta!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Marty wrote:Im sure that number plate appeared on a 16v BX a few years back as the car was on the 'bay - IIRR it was somewhere ooop North like, Oldham I think.
There was one 'spotted' on here a couple of years back which was something like 19 TXI.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

sounds like your thinking of the irish plate on a white valver that was ebay about a year ago, reg started BXI then some other letters i dont remember
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I'm sure i've spotted a few BXI plates at the ccc meets last year.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

RAC says CBX 16V was assigned to a Datsun, and according to DVLA:
DVLA wrote:The vehicle details for CBX 16V are:

Date of Liability 01 07 1986
Date of First Registration 29 05 1980
Year of Manufacture 1980
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1982CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour GREEN
Vehicle Type Approval null
So it looks like you're out of luck, Doc. Suggests it's long ago been scrapped.... :cry: 6 years is about right for a Datsun before the tin worm got it :lol:
I NEED a BX TD.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Marty wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:and I dont think you can transher plates between cars and bikes..
All together now... Oh yes you can! :lol: [/panto mode]
Irish plates [or any other Brit "Cherished Plate"] .........theres an £80 transfer fee,and the donor vehicle must be T&T'd [dvla send an inspector out to confirm this] ........if you buy from a dealer he may have put it on a "Retainer".
Yer sends yer £80,tax disc and logbook to dvla and they send you the new Logbook and Tax disc virtually straight away.You'll need your Logbook & Driving Licence/Passport or other POI to get the plates made up [theoretically,unless you know some-one who will make you a plate up].
When I bought my "TBZ" plates I bought them together from the same dealer,one was on a vehicle,the other was on a "retainer",I got the "retained" one back by return of post,I was waiting about a week for the other one whilst dvla checked the vehicle out. Linda bought her "LPB" direct from dvla,it was previously un-issued.
My advice is buy from one of the many recognised dealers who advertise in saturday newspapers such as the Daily Mail ......and NO :P ,I'm not a fascist Mail Reader ..............I only buy it for the TV progs and the Crossword :wink: .
Any Help?
Tel
TBZ6829 [2CV6]
TBZ2695 [Yamaha Dragstar]
H1 2 LPB [Lin's Daewoo]
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Thanks Tel, and Richard.
Most useful info.
Odd about the plate being on a Datsun though... I have actually SEEN that plate on a Motorbike! Within the last 3 years!
Further investigation required when I get chance me thinks....

citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

i know the guy who has BXI 9 and he is prepared to sell if i can get him a bxi plate with a lower number so i found bxi5 i thought great ,slight problem it was 6k :( so i thought i would look for bxi 900 and it has never been issued so i will wait....
medwaycitroen
Confirmed BX'er

Post by medwaycitroen »

I'd do anything for B365 SKN, the reg of an amazing Talbot Horizon my dad had when I was a kid. The back doors didn't shut so us kids had to crawl in and sit under a length of twine tied to both door handles. Dad had also spilt petrol in the back at some point so breathing in fumes on long treks cross-country was the norm. I loved it, though! And a bright red Talbot Horizon is the only car I would betray my BX for.