White BX spotted in Bristol

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
adamskibx
BXpert

White BX spotted in Bristol

Post by adamskibx »

Doc?? It actually looked like you but I didn't think you had a white one.. It was Friday at about 2.25 on Whiteladies Road. I was going the opposite way.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Nope, not me, although had you been an hour earlier you'd have seen my red BXTD parked on Whiteladies road outside the Flipper fish bar!

Small world eh!

If it was an estate diesel it could be my mate Jim, he looks vaguely like me and lives just off the Whiteladies road.

If your about again, give us a nod.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Oh right lol, I was probably just putting two and two together and getting 5. I'd been for a job interview there, as I may be moving to the South West soon. Ill give you a pre-warning when I next come up to see if your going to be free. :)

Im pretty sure it was just a hatch. It was a low spec car, possibly a 16 or 19 deisel.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Defo not me then!
You'll only ever see me in body kitted utter beastage!

*IF* I'm awake early enough in the morning I'll give you a shout mate!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

LOL no worries Doc. I have to admit, I didn't expect you to be in a BX with hub caps :)

Im actually in Bristol again tomorrow (Thursday)! Ive been stupid enough to comply with my last company's 6 months notice period, and they took advantage and found someone early, hence I am getting lots of interviews in in the South West, which is where I am trying to relocate to. I hate being unemployed, but unfortunately its the way things have panned out. The CX is getting lots of miles put on it, but it's actually behaving itself more as a result! Seems to like being used lol. Give us a buz if your about. Ill be around after 1.00 doing the dreaded Christmas shopping (I have decided to ban Christmas next year!!!! :evil: )
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Why do you want to move to the southwest??
Ok, theres lots of very nice places in the southwest, but Bristol is utter rubbish, really, it is.
The whole place is turning very rapidly to sh!t.

As it goes, I'm looking at a mates Nova in the morning..... I know I know, but he's a mate, so I couldn't say no, but I may well be free about 1300 for a couple of hours before going to work!
If I get finished up early enough then I'll give you a shout.

If not, I'm nearly always around (albeit a bit up the road in Stroud) at the weekends, you're always welcome to stop by.

adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Lol I kind of keep missing you as I write my PM's at night, then I'm gone in the morning and nowhere near a PC!

I don't know why the South-West, but I couldn't cope with the Brummy accent (not out of snobbery, just my personal taste), and Bristol is the next closest large city, with people of a similar age to myself. Where I live is full of School kids and pensioners, and nobody inbetween. As much as I dislike Birmingham, I can't be sure I actually would dislike it, and as much as I like Bristol, I can't be sure I definately would, if you see what I mean lol, so I'm going to have to trust my hunch. I think a lot of people start to dislike where they have always lived in a way, and I am sure you have your valid reasons and I appreciate the heads-up, but I suspect I wouldn't notice those reasons as it would be new to me, and I hadn't seen it when it used to be better etc etc.

If all that made no sense whatsoever, it's because I am shattered and I have just got back from Bristol (via Bath on the way back) Of course, Bath, or even the middle of nowhere between Bath and Bristol are options too! Im sure this sounds really wierd to someone from the are. I couldn't understand it if someone wanted to set up base here, but it's probably just the same. Sh£% this has gone off topic!!!!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Made sense to me!

I'd rather die than live in Birmingham TBH, but I really dislike Bristol too, but I grew up here, so I've had 27 years to watch the place turn to sh!t.
Nothing a nuclear bomb wouldn't cure.

I'd love to live somewhere near Bristol, but not IN Bristol. I like the countryside, but then I know alot of people that live in the countryside that want to move to the city.. It's the "grass is always greener" syndrome I guess..

Alas, I missed you again today! The "quick look at the Nova cos it's making a wierd noise" job turned into a 3 hour epic, and I forgot the first rule of EVERYTHING... "always check the simple things first".. Having dismantled most of the car and found nothing, eventually the noise was pinned down to loose wheel bolts! DOH!

Anyhow, if your down this way again, give me a couple of days notice, and I'll endevour to get some time free and introduce you to some local boozers!

I'll PM you my number, thats gota be easier than reading stuff on a forum!

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

If you want countryside & cheaper living, move to sunny derbyshire, its amazing how far your £'s go up here, & we've the cheapest council tax in the uk as well, bonus!!!

Plus of course you'll get to live near me :lol: