Interesting..

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Interesting..

Post by toddao »

As a result of posting those pictures from last summer's jaunt to the French scrappers , I got contacted by another BX driver here in S. Germany by the name of Remy with a fully loaded 16v, who also makes the trip to the scrapyards. I've yet to meet him but in his last message he describes his friend's BXs :
Another one in Strasbourg has a real and really rare BX 19 TRS break evasion Heuliez , with open roof , beige specific leather , wood on the dashboard and in front door panels ,clim , alloy wheels , special paint ......all extras !!! he also has a BX 4X4 estate injection , and a BX 19 RD estate with automatic gearbox
That Heuliez sounds interesing. A BX with wood dash!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Instead of tin worm, its wood worm to watch out for on that one :lol:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

A BX with wood trim? Sorry but that sounds horrific - an experiment for the British market maybe!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

stuart_hedges wrote:A BX with wood trim? Sorry but that sounds horrific - an experiment for the British market maybe!
Perhaps :? , Citroen with the Mk2 did try to take a chunk of the company car market dominated by the Sierra. They may have been aware on the Cortina that the ones with the wood trim were chosen by the higher grade employees to make that statement! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

It does sound odd, by saying open roof, I presume they mean a full length sunroof, if so that would be very nice and I like the sound of the leather as well. I'm wondering if the wood could be perhaps one of those aftermarket veneer kits you can buy?

Still I would love to see such a car, is there any chances that this person has any pictures of the car?
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Beige leather and wood trim does sound like the kind of factory option from other manafacturers around the time so may have been a trial thing by Citroen.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

it does sound awefully like a Buffalo model to me (Google it if you don't already know about the buffalo model!) and the BX wasn't the only model to receive this treatment from Heuliez.
nstarmore
BXpert

Post by nstarmore »

For your viewing pleasure.

Doesn't look as bad as I imagined actually, has got a very British look about it.

Here's the link I got it from with some unusual BX variants including the coupe.

Heuliez BX's

and also

List of BX specials

Cheers Vanny
Nic

- 1995 Xantia SX TD (daily hack)
- 1987 BX 16V (project)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

So that's where those lower-spec leather seats come from!

I'm guessing that this is where the low-spec leather seats that came up on eBay a couple of years back came from. Makes sense now. I should think they're very comfortable.

However, that chunk of faux wood on the dash looks ridiculous.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That first picture has to be the worse advert for a car EVER. It's so appallingly cheesy it's gone beyond funny.
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

DavidRutherford wrote: However, that chunk of faux wood on the dash looks ridiculous.
It's styled to go with the chunks on the doors which actually do look as if they belong there. :P
1991 BX19GTi Auto
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

That is absolutely hilarious! Thanks Nic. I really did lol!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Great pictures! Yeah, that piece of 'wood' is pure Kwality. Also that picture of that yard stuffed full of Mk.1 estates - where are they now?
And was that Dyana ever made - at least that one must be out there. A whole new world of BXs! :D

only on closer inspection do I see that one those Scotsmen is in fact a bird ( in a tie). I thought maybe it was being marketed at Scottish gaylords!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

That pair of "lower-spec" seats were specially commisioned by the first owner of a UK BX. He took the car to a coachmaker and asked to have the seats refinished in good thick hide. The cost went into 4 figures.

They overcome the main problem of the original BX seats - a close design relative to those on the CX - because the covers no longer wear through over time.

As for comfort - I still maintain that pattern's a damn sight more comfortable than GTI/TZ seats, as they're concave in the small of the back rather than convex, so you sit IN the seat rather than over it....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Dave, are those the very same seats that Tom won off eBay a while back now?
Vauxhall apologist.