Mk 1 BX 19RD For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

It goes against the grain.....I've never sold a car! :lol: I guess from my point of view, I'd have difficulty taking time or bits from other people knowing that I'd sell the car in the near future.
I suppose it that sense it brings to the fore of the mind as to what the essence of the club is....so save the BX numbers irrespective of the cost to others and the consequences.......... or to help each other save our own cars?
It's all too easy to subscribe to 'martyrdom' and buy/sell etc especially when parts and/or help and/or the car is free...........and then pass it on with a 12 month life cycle.....thats dealing as far as I'm concerned...
Buying, restoring, running and keeping is an enthusiasts approach imho........
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I see your point, but if there are members out there that like helping out & learning new skills whilst working on others cars, thats not necesserily a bad thing.

Totally agree with keeping our own cars on the road is the preferable choice, but everyone has to have a hobby :lol:.

I've personally received help on my cars since joining the club, which has saved me a fortune (i have offered currency & will continue to do so). I have tended to buy all my own parts as i dont feel its fair to relieve members of their stockpiles (i'm not saying others do this), unless they tell me that they are happy to do so.

And of course i have learnt how to do some work myself.

Right what am i trying to say after all this gibberish, ermmm, right, i dont think dealing is how i would have put it, but i can see your viewpoint even though mine is different....

So do you need any help on your cars & what bits do you need :lol:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I think Tim's a car dealer in reverse. Most car dealers I've ever come across buy cheap and sell for much profit.

Tim buys cheap or free, spends "pounds ten" on them and sometimes gets his money back. Sometimes!

Whether we agree with it or not. Had it not been for Tim's efforts, there would certainly be less BX's on the road now. He has rushed in and saved many that I would have walked away from.

Carry on Tim.

Now go get that Mk1 :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

[quote="BX Bandit"][quote="tim leech"][quote="ken newbold"][quote="MULLEY"]I cant have it on the road, i've got 2 cars on the drive & another 2 on the road & it would have to sorn as i cant afford to insure, tax etc 3 cars at anyone time :cry:.

On the other hand, if someone could store the car for me then perhaps in the new year when finances are a bit better i may be up for it.....[/quote]

Get shut of one :o[/quote]

The Gti you have Muelly is very tidy, I would get it MOTed and move it on and let someone else do the cambelt etc.[/quote]

You're all heart mate! I have the shittiest heap of crap on my drive, but I love my TD...hence forthcoming restoration and keeping the car to run her another 17 years. to be honest I thought the essence of the club was for BXers who loved their cars to enthuse and chat and yet the one thing I don't understand Tim is your constant buying and selling of BX's. Are you dealing or enthusing mate?[/quote]

Dealing in bxs? have you seen what I sell them for lol, trust me I dont make any money out of them, its normally a small loss, and if I do its piled back into the next one.

I do it for the fun, it keeps me off the streets and saves me getting bored, plus the more cars I buy and each one always needs work the more I learn.

Ken to be honest I dont want another Mk1, they are too rare and precious in my view for it to sit outside in all weathers as I have no storage.

I like the 3 I have, the GT is my rarity which I want to use for the show scene next year, the 16v is a long term work in progress which I wont part with, and finally at the moment the TRS is my daily driver when Im not on works business, its quiet, smooth and comfy but wont ever be a minter so if it gets used and abused I wouldnt worry like I would if I used a Mk1 in that way.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I've ALWAYS made a loss on every car I've ever parted with.
But I'm not in it for the money.
I'm secure in the knowledge that every car thats ever passed through Chez Chevron has left in mechanically excellent condition with the prospect of a long future.

Of the cars I've scrapped, and lets be clear, it's alot, they have gone on to keep a very much larger number of cars on the road, always for free, cos I aint about cash.
If someone wants to buy me a pint for a bit, thats fine, but money is just plain evil and vulgar as far as I'm concerned.

I've met alot of good people from here, and thats fine by me, having mate's all over the country I can go drinking with when I'm in the area is worth a good deal more to me than having a wedge in my wallet....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Too true Sir Doc :D, i like your attitude young(ish) man :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I've sold/scrapped/part-ex'd loads and never ever met one dealer who regulary loses money. I'll happily give stuff away or sell to friends for what I paid for any given item but don't know anyone who gets cars for nowt, spends hours and hundreds on 'em and then sells them at a loss on a regular basis.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

im not a car dealer Billy, I work for one granted, but my side line of BX's as we all know is a hobby, much to bemusement of my boss who thinks im slighlty deraged.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote:much to bemusement of my boss who thinks im slighlty deraged.
Does that mean you're quite calm now???

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Deranged even.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Nah, you're boss is clearly wrong. I've been deranged for years, you're not even in the same league!

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thats very true, Doc im not in the same league but with hard work and concentration oen day I maybe. :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

You'll never reach Doc's standards Tim! I see him as a sort of deranged guru, like a mentor for people who haven't quite boiled over yet if you like :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I rather like that!

Top work Billster!

Ooooh, a biscuit...

Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Would you Adam and Eve it. I've decided I need a diesel in my life to ease up the mileage on my 2CV (and to experiment with bio-diesel) and I find this while loitering on a forum I've not visited for a goodly while!!

I absolutely adore it but can folks give their opinions on the faults mentioned? Clutch is obviously a pain but how much am I looking at to get a new one put in?

To the seller - is the clutch slipping badly? It'd have to make it back to Cambs for a start off.