Jerky & Slow to raise Front suspension

Anything about BXs
ddob

Jerky & Slow to raise Front suspension

Post by ddob »

Hi,
My BX19TRI is very jerky when the front suspension is raising - it is also very slow to rise - Any ideas on how to fix (cheaply) would be appreciatted.
Danny.
Owner 1990 BX19 TRI Auto - My first Citroen
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Hello mate and welcome to the forum.

Put the car in high and look at the struts - you'll see two leak-off pipes going from the bottom of the strut. Clean the pipes, pull them off at the bottom, and clean the ends up. Place the ends in a jar of clean LHM and put the suspension up and down a few times. This will lubricate the inside of the strut and can be done once a month.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Oscar wrote: This will lubricate the inside of the strut and can be done once a month.
It's that Citroën time of the month!

Welcome matey. Another member from New Zealand!
If waht they say about there being more sheep than people in NZ then I reckon we must have about every person in NZ on here!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

For more immediate relief, just squirt some 3&1 oil in through the small finger sized hole in the strut mount in the engine compartment. If you look through the hole you should be able to see the shiny silver top of the strut --- try and squirt the oil directly on to this silver surface. Then push the front suspension up and down a few times to work the oil in.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Your onservant Doc ddob has posted before like in the car chopping thread :lol:

Well us down in kiwiland have not got a forum of our own but this place is a wealth of information. Sorry to clutter the place up :lol:

btw, dbob got your email now tell me did you do what you were asking for by following the above advice :wink:
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Not having a go mate, not at all, I was just observing that per head of population, Nz must have the greatest percentage of it's total populus as members on here than any other country.
Dont have a problem with that.

Didn't notice his post in t'other thread, but then I drink alot and spend alot of time burning various dangerous chemicals, so I'm not altogether "there" at the best of times.

T'aint my forum anyway, so it's got naff all to do with me, if it was my forum I wouldn't have a problem with people from NZ being members.
Although other countries in the northern hemisphere would be banned, cos I'd be the all powerful god of the t'internet like...

Anyway, in short, welcome to all antipodean people, we like you all.

Although actually I hate everybody on spec, regardless of where they are from, but thats just me.

Gutentag!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...