Looking for a Bx

Anything about BXs
demag
BXpert

Looking for a Bx

Post by demag »

Morning,

First post. I've been an active member of Club Xm for some time now and own a '96 2.5td VSX. At the moment it's off the road pending mot. I have a Fiat Cinquecento :oops: runabout which is coming to the end of its useful life and thought I'd like another Bx. I had an early Bx Leader some years ago and it was a lovely motor.

I can't afford megabucks but say up to a max of £500. Preferably diesel. I was talking to Andrew who thought he knew of one but I was unlucky and a GTi 8 valve has been mentioned on Club Xm but the details are a bit sketchy and there's no mot.

Thanks,

Dave.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi Welcome!

You could do a lot worse than this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-CITROEN-BX-T ... dZViewItem

BTW Don't buy a BX GTi with no MOT. They should pay YOU :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

£500 will buy you a nice tidy TZD turbo.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Demag, looks like you might be in luck. Dave (Mr B) is selling an absolute cracker, a little more than you want to pay but really well worth the extra as it's a lovely car and in excellent condition. Failing that a new member is advertising a car, check out BX for sale and wanted.
Welcome along by the way!
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Demag, looks like you might be in luck. Dave (Mr B) is selling an absolute cracker, a little more than you want to pay but really well worth the extra as it's a lovely car and in excellent condition. Failing that a new member is advertising a car, check out BX for sale and wanted.
Welcome along by the way!
Vauxhall apologist.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

What are the different model specs, eg TZD, TZR, etc. Are these trim levels?
Angus

Post by Angus »

D means diesel, and the Z refers to trim level, with Z being the highest. I bought an absolutely mint 17TZD off ebay for £200 taxed and tested, very similar to the one above.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

They are trim levels mate, yes. The most popular (I think) and definately the best to drive of the diesels has to be the TZD 1.7 turbo diesels. Surprisingly quick, good on fuel and very nice to drive along with all the other BX benefits.
I don't want to sound like his salesman but in all honesty you'd be very hard pressed to find a nice BX than Mr B's, cars as good as that are rarely available now and worth the money all day long.
Another thing possibly worth trying if you're not in desperate need to buy one is to come along to the next meeting of the good people on this forum and I'm sure they'll intorduce you to themselves as well as their cars and you'd get a good idea of different models, places to look for common faults and an idea of what they drive like. I don't own a BX myself at the moment but if I did you'd be more than welcome to take a drive of it.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

They are trim levels mate, yes. The most popular (I think) and definately the best to drive of the diesels has to be the TZD 1.7 turbo diesels. Surprisingly quick, good on fuel and very nice to drive along with all the other BX benefits.
I don't want to sound like his salesman but in all honesty you'd be very hard pressed to find a nice BX than Mr B's, cars as good as that are rarely available now and worth the money all day long.
Another thing possibly worth trying if you're not in desperate need to buy one is to come along to the next meeting of the good people on this forum and I'm sure they'll intorduce you to themselves as well as their cars and you'd get a good idea of different models, places to look for common faults and an idea of what they drive like. I don't own a BX myself at the moment but if I did you'd be more than welcome to take a drive of it.
Vauxhall apologist.
charlie
BXpert

Post by charlie »

hi demag 8)

try here for more info on models and spec

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/models/models.php

and yes, welcome

charlie :wink:
yes.....
the colour is....
guiness white..........
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Ok Thanks for the info.

Hiya Charlie fancy seeing you here :wink:

Yes Mr B's car looks gorgeous, unfortunately it is out of my range just now.

I'll keep my eye open for something nice though.