My BX time to go :(

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
saint gaz
BXpert

My BX time to go :(

Post by saint gaz »

Just a little heads up for you all.

Does anyone know anybody who would be interested in my bx and a few bits for a few quid? Mine has just about had its day. I think the Gearbox is shot at. I came home from work on Wednesday night any there was a trickling sound I looked underneath and I am fairly sure what was box oil was p!ssing out all over everywhere. So the time has come to get shut and move on. I have about a week to get it shifted. Otherwise unfortunately it will have to go to scrap.
The engine is fairly sound and it still has 9 month mot. Front suspension was done last year before my "bump". Interior is not to bad slight hole in drivers seat. otherwise what you would expect from a car 18 years old. It really only needs the box sorting I presume. It could be seals or something like that. But last year we said the next big thing and its time to get shut. So the time has come.

pm me for any other info.

gary
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

What model is it Gaz? and miles etc.
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

sorry 1.4 tge h reg about 148,000 ish
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Owen S has teh same car with a mine engine and box, maybe you could make one good one out of 2?
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

i know its a shame and all but family comitments and work means i need a car sooner rather than later. thats why i would rather it go to a good home if poss and maybe help someoue out with spares. but one way or another it has to go.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Is it driveable 'as is' Gaz? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Is it driveable 'as is' Gaz? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

To be totally honest cav mate I don’t know. Because it has not moved off the drive since I got home last Wednesday. And I only presume it was box oil as it was from that general region underneath when I had a 30 second look. Could be a hole there or just a seal but from the amount of oil that was pouring out it looked bad. i supose it could be lhm from something.
I will start it tomorrow and just double check the lhm and engine oil. Trouble is I don’t really want to drive round the block in case something has / does pack in, and I end up stranded.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

See what you mean Gaz, could you check levels of both LHM and oil before you did anything and then perhaps see where it's leaking from? It's a shame because I recall you'd put a lot of effort into that car mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

See what you mean Gaz, could you check levels of both LHM and oil before you did anything and then perhaps see where it's leaking from? It's a shame because I recall you'd put a lot of effort into that car mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Chances are if its gearbox oil it will smell very fishy (honest!). LHM has a more "sweet" smell and can be identified by a green stain on the floor if there's lots of it.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Auto box oil is red, LHM is green, should be easy enough to tell.

Check the level of the gearbox oil on the dipstick if you're in doubt about moving it, having said that, if it is transmission fluid, it may not move.
They think it's all over, it is now!
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

demag wrote:Chances are if its gearbox oil it will smell very fishy (honest!). LHM has a more "sweet" smell and can be identified by a green stain on the floor if there's lots of it.
There is a smell, but its more "gassy" than "fishy". any way i will have a bit more of a look tonight.
cavmad, i have done a lot of work to it but at the end of the day i bought it for abut £2200 in september 1995 so i dont think it owes me anything i would rather give it to some one to help them keep one on the road rather that scrap it, however if its has to go to scrap thats what i will have to do as i just dont have the space to start stripping it and ebaying parts or stuff like that.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pm sent Gaz
Vauxhall apologist.