Last chance for my Xantia

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Last chance for my Xantia

Post by silverfox »

Happy New Year to all! This is the last chance for my Xantia - it will have to go into auction this or next week as friend wants parking space back! Details again as follows:

My 1993 (L) pre facelift and anti sink sphere Xantia has to go as I have bought a heavier caravan!

TAXED AND MOT UNTIL END MARCH 08

NEW HYDRAULIC PUMP RECENTLY FITTED

NEW CAM BELT FITTED IN SUMMER[b] ALSO NEW HEATER MATRIX![/b]

TOW BAR AND TWIN ELECTRICS FITTED THIS YEAR - VERY FEW TOWING MILES SINCE THEN.

BLACK FINISH - COULD DO WITH A GOOD POLISH - INTERIOR OK BUT NEEDS A VALET - NOT SMOKED IN!

LOADS OF HISTORY - HAYNES MANUAL AVAILABLE

HAS SLIGHT LHM LEAK BUT TAKES MONTHS BEFORE TOP UP! CAN'T FIND THE LEAK! HENCE LOW PRICE OF £250 (PUMP COST THAT!)
Me depressed? Don't make me laugh!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hi Mr Fox, don't take this the wrong way but you haven't said what model and engine type it is and some good pictures would really help. Also, with th greatest respect, it's probably not worth taking to auction as you'll get next to nothing for it after comission(s). Best bet I think would be eBay with a 3 day auction and state it must be collected within 48 hours of listing ending.
For what you'd get at an auction you'd honestly be better off removing some parts and then weighing it in.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Too true.

Last time I took a car to auction, I came home with £57 :evil: They charge a fortune these days to enter, then commission and maybe insurance.

Is the car a TD? A mate of mine is currently looking for a car with T&T, I'll give him a ring and post back here if he's interested.
They think it's all over, it is now!
andmcit
BXpert

Post by andmcit »

silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

My Xantia

Post by silverfox »

Hi Mr Fox, don't take this the wrong way but you haven't . . .

Hi there everyone and thanks for the comments. It was sold yesterday to a local who called to enquire about Xantias as he was going to look at one so I sold him mine! :D For the record it was an LX and a TD 1.9

I miss my old BX and was sad to see the Xantia go. Once bitten by the Citroen bug it's hard to let go so will probably come back to the mark soon!
Me depressed? Don't make me laugh!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Mr Fox, hope you'll stay around and get another BX at some point!
Vauxhall apologist.