Xsara seats in BX????

Anything about BXs
crazywolf

Xsara seats in BX????

Post by crazywolf »

I am about to change my BX seats because they really dont fit me well...
I have tryed a lot of seats, but I really liked the xsara once. So I asked And Ilearned that they fit on the BX with only modificating the back hole from 7mm to 10mm...
What do you think? whould I have any problems? Could I use the airbags too, or would it be dangerous cause of the thin dors?
Thank you.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Using the airbags would mean wiring in the whole crash sensor system....a complex and not completley worth it. If you crash a BX, its the old crumple zones and 80's design that'll injure you :lol: You'd also have to wire in the pre-tensioners and loom.

The seats might fit. I've got Xsara VTS seats in my Xsara VTR and they're very very good seats. I would say the BX 16v proper ones are probably better though, have you tried those? Much much easier to fit and you can add the rest of the interior to match :wink:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
crazywolf

Post by crazywolf »

I can't find the GTI seats nowere. Or at least in good condition. I found once from the millesime, but the next day they were sailed... :?
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I really wouldn't bother with the airbag system - far, far, far too much work to be worthwhile.

I can confirm that a BX is a very comfy place to have a serious accident though.