CaM's BX19TRI

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
CaM
BXpert

CaM's BX19TRI

Post by CaM »

Hi,
First post! I've lurked here for a couple of weeks and finally have a bx :D

got her off our local ebay type wqebsite (www.trademe.co.nz) for $205 with 'leaking rear suspension unit', and warped front discs.

also door latch on drivers door was poked which made for interesting times driving home and the door flying open.....

anywho. plan to get it back on the road (rear susp fix seems reasonably minor at this stage) and use it s a daily driver.
also own a pug 205gti (started my unhealthy obsession for french cars :shock: ) and a Toyota Crown of '72 vintage.

enough messing around, couple of pics from when i got her home, and washed her down (pretty filth from sitting outside for almost a year)

up!

she's done 275'000km, and blows a little smoke. I have a suspicion that it's running rather thin oil though. will change it after I've given it a good run and see how it goes from there. typical XU valve guide/stem seal issue.
Doing an mi16 conversion into my gti so potentially put my 205gti 1.9 8 valver in there later on in the piece.

cheers
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Welcome to the Club. Nice looking car in a rather fetching colour. Like the wheels 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Welcome aboard nice car that mate
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

Nice wheels, rare over here
CaM
BXpert

Post by CaM »

cheers.

yep not bad for what i paid for it.
I hate the wheels to be hoenst. was thinking of chucking a set of 205gti speedlines on there.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello Cam - another BXer from NZ. All coming out of the woodwork!

The Metric alloys that you've got on there now were more suited to the Mk.1 BX and they look a bit skinny on your car though pretty good. 205 Speedlines sound a good choice. Shame you're so far away as those Metrics would be snapped up in five minutes if you took them off!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
CaM
BXpert

Post by CaM »

haha yeah possibly.
FWIW, They're not metric. jsut a 4.5" x14" alloy. running 165s. hmm.

where abouts in the country are you?

My flatmate has a phase1 with the same alloys, as pictured below. pretty rough but still rather solid.

toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

These wheels are referred to as 'Metric Alloys' - not that they're metric though I wonder if yours are made in France like the others that I've seen?
That's a good looking Mk.1 languishing in that shed with that strange attachment for some sort of bull bar ( was going to say Roo bar . but I don't think there's roos in NZ)
I'm not living in the Motherland but the Fatherland. S.Germany, not far from the Alps. I was parachuted here on a moonless night and do undercover operations for the BX club, like sniff around scrapyards etc.
You lot of Kiwis should get all your BXs together and have a proper meeting to represent the Southern contingent :D
( Is that the Crown in the corner of the photo?)
Todd

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

A late model GT, with half a cow catcher by the looks of it :D , a rare car indeed! I imagine its pretty rust free aswell? Originally the first BXs (83-84) did have metric size alloy wheels (same as some Metros/Montegos and the early Jaguar XJ40s) but that was soon changed to 14" the same as the steel wheels, this was due to complaints of difficult availability and prices being higher than that of the standard 165/70 14" The metric and the 14" alloys look near enough identical.
CaM
BXpert

Post by CaM »

frame on front was part of bracketry used to cart a hang glider apparently :shock:
never seen one of the earlier ones before over here
car in the corner of the pic (orange) is a mitsi dceleste of my flatmate's friends. vey cool wee car.

here's a pic of my crown.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

that Crown is some f'ing sledge mate! I've seen quite a few old vintage Japs runnning around in Tassie ( estate versions of same) but that's very fine - and those wheel covers! :D
Todd

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Loving the disc wheel trims, very retro!
CaM
BXpert

Post by CaM »

haha cheers.
CaM
BXpert

Post by CaM »

owes me $300NZ. got a pair of rear suspension units complete with rrecently serviced spheres for $26 from the local wreckers.

mint!

done about 2500km in it in the last 3 weeks, and 800km this weekend, trouble free :) economy seems waaay better than my 205gti which, is lighter and runs the same engine, essentially. lots more economic too, than my old 405sri. weird.

on the lookout ofr a DS now :D
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Slightly different gearing & possibly lower drag co-efficient might be factors in better economy??