BX19 GT scrappy find

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ahh u see im teetotal, I cant afford to drink with 3 citroens on the fleet lol And one and half SD1s.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That's nothing, you want to try it when you've lost count of how many cars you have, still have more coming in (including an interesting <to me!> non-Citroen oil burner) and the tax or MOT coming up within two months on everything :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I've got 5 cars, an ambulance and a coach, and I still drink, ALOT!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

When I still lived at home I could lol!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

If you dont live at home it should be even easier!
No nagging parents to complain about vomit on the stairs, random people you dont know asleep on the floor / couch, empty beer bottles littering the back yard....

Ah... happy days!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Very true mate but unfortunatly from living at home for next to nowt it now costs me £750 each month before I even buy any shopping lol
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Take it you have a mortgage then Tim? Anyhow everyone knows that shopping always includes some form of alochol!
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

My shopping exclusively consists of alcohol, and occasionally some microwaveable meals, for when I'm entertaining or feel like "cooking"... :lol:

You must earn more than me Tim? Not that I'm asking how much you take home, thats non of my business, but the cost of living is less oop narth, and I still manage to consume my own body weight in beer every week!
All about priorities see, paying the bills is wayhey down the list, booze and fags are right up the top!

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I manage ok on what I earn but most of my spare cash goes on the essentials like 5 "play" cars and buying bits for them off ebay! 8)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Thats where the problem is!
Everytime you get the urge to look at the bay of E, go to shops, buy beer instead!
Muh cheaper and no stress about collecting your win either!!

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Good idea, problem is I havent paid cash for a car for about 2 years now as they always come free gratis as noone else wants them.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

DavidRutherford wrote:
Kitch wrote:plus all the doors
he already has 4 near-perfect doors... doesn't he?
Yep, he certainly has - many thanks David (and Stuart). And I haven't forgotten about the locks... Just need to clear a bit of space in the garage...
tim leech wrote:Kitch I would advise your dad to go get some bits for his car as its the same year.
Nothing I really need Tim thanks (although I will almost certainly regret saying that...). I'd probably just end up crying at how much better the bodywork is than mine :cry:
Boulanger wrote:Are the front fogs still there?
The front fogs are actually quite easy to find on the Bay of E. They're standard Cibie IODEs, as fitted to Cits & Pugs, but also Jag and others. They came up pretty frequently when I bought mine last year. Just checked - only round ones at the moment but search on 'Cibie IODE' and you shouldn't have to wait long.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The engine is complete and only done 57k and has been regularly serviced, the dash clocks are still there too.
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

Yes Billy, well spotted , it was a Montego, a J plate 2.0Si to be exact & on it's roof was a Maestro van
Boulanger

Post by Boulanger »

UPDATE: I was at the yard yesterday but couldn't find the BX. It might have been crushed, so phone before going, but the 2cv, Allegro (immaculate!) and Viva HC which I've been keeping an eye on for the last few months were all present. With luck it's simply been moved and I missed it.

Plenty of Xantias, ZX's and at least four AX's including an AX GT were there.

Further useful info for anyone going to Bridges: although the yard happily accepts plastic, if you feel the need for cash the nearest cashpoint is at the nearby motorway services. I've mentioned that before, but what I didn't say is that the cash machine in the shop area charges up to £1.99 for use, but the one at the petrol forecourt is free. So you actually can "not pays yer money and still takes yer choice" . :)