4 x 4 BX

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

4 x 4 BX

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

one gets frustrated by that certain stretch of water sometimes :( that would be ideal for me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

We do have ferrys and aeroplanes :wink:
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

yes i have some recollection of them,trouble is no mot means trailer and return ferry ticket add up to at least £200 ,i suppose the one good thing is it is not far to the ferry
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

citroen7 wrote:one gets frustrated by that certain stretch of water sometimes :( that would be ideal for me
Warrington is relatively easy access for you via Belfast-Holyhead. No more than a 1.5 hour motorway journey this side of the water. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

err i think you have got your ports mixed up there mate the holyhead seacat goes to Dun Lohaire near dublin the belfast boat goes to mickeymouse land which if i remember is straight down the M62!
If anything is to come of this i will have get the xantia weighed in :D and one or maybe both bx estates will have to go too :cry: plus we will have to see how much it makes.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I've sold a few cars to a lad in N.I. He finds them local to me on ebay and pays for them and I run them up to the docks on the back of my truck at Birkenhead and meet him there.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Worth buying just for the exhaust alone....
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

Thanks Billy that could be a very good option, i have just had an email from the seller and he says the pipe is just leaking not broken,so i can feel a bit of a bodge to get it mobile! the marks on the front bumper are masking tape where he had got it ready for a pal to paint seems a genuine sort of guy so as they say watch this space!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Get them wheels off and get some paint on them bumpers and it will be a tody motor, looks like a ex Cit uk car by the plate.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Could be a winner Mr 7, if the price doesn't go too mad. I reckon it should be 'bodgeable' just to get it mobile. What's the law like on your side of the water as I wondered what would happen if you booked it in for an MOT and drove it back?
Vauxhall apologist.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

Tricky one as we have mot centres which are always behind sometimes unless you are willing to travel you can wait 6weeks however if you already have an mot they will give you an exemption certificate to cover you using the car. but in this case i would guess that if i had a booking the day it rolls of the boat i would be in the clear , but as i said there is not much hope of linking the two up so as i am only 30mins from the ferry i could just take a chance :wink:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

citroen7 wrote:err i think you have got your ports mixed up there mate
:oops: I'm sure you're right Mr 7. I was thinking back some years when they axed the Liverpool-Belfast route and we had to take a boat from Holyhead to Belfast instead. I see now that they go again from Liverpool-Birkenhead so that is even nearer for you to pull this plan together. 8) Good Luck. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

It would appear that i have competition i have upped my bid but it still has not reached his reserve so we have a bx with at least one hydraulic pipe to fix no tax or mot on the plus side is the exhaust and low mileage anyone care to put forward a realistic price?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It'd be very difficult to predict a final price Mr 7 (assuming you meant what the end bid will likely be?): I'd hazard a guess at about £250 butb almost impossible to predict.
One thing worth noting though is that it's a private listing which means he'll be hiding something, very likely schill bidding by someone he knows so let your wallet speak louder than your heart when bidding mate.
Vauxhall apologist.