J reg BX TZD “Hurricane” for free* in Leeds area

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
calnvisman

J reg BX TZD “Hurricane” for free* in Leeds area

Post by calnvisman »

1992 BX 1769cc TZD Special edition "Hurricane" Diesel. In metallic dark green, sunroof, Dark Green Velour seating, fitted with JVC CD auto changer (over £200)... for free or just about.

Image Image

Old family friend been with us since it came from the dealers yet only clocked up just over 70000 miles, the turbo diesel is just about "run in" and is a sweet runner. The car has been a reliable member of the family but has now become surplus to requirement and needs a good home with someone who loves BXs.

Due to illness I can no longer sort those things that go wrong with a 15 year old car. It is currently "immobile" due to a leak in the hydraulic line, so would need transportation to a place of repair (or on the spot temp repair, if you know what your doing). Further problems are a bash on the rear offside door (which I am told will come out quite easily) and some tidy up work near the off side sidelight. This car is not ready for the breakers. Good restoration project for a BX fan.

* There is MOT until mid March 2008 and Road Tax until end of March 2008 so I would want £65 to cover outstanding Tax and towards the Radio/CD system.

Car located in the Kirkstall area of Leeds, near my son's house. I live some 7 miles away in Pudsey so would have to agree any meeting etc.
In love with the BX but they grow older and so do I...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mr Chidlow?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not for me I'm afraid. I have just got rid (hopefully) of two cars. I'm soon to pass on the TRS to a deserving cause and I'm getting a 16v. Until that's here - and I have no other vehicles to worry about - I really can't do anything...

IF a good TZD came up locally, that was driveable then I (or rather Liz) MIGHT be tempted.... but I still think a ZX TD Volcane or Aura is what she'd really like...

To get back on topic this does seem a good bet for someone. I suppose it would cost maybe a couple of hundred to get sorted? Then you've got MOT coming up... even so, a worthwhile project for someone who doesn't mind getting their hands oily... :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Hi Calnvisman, PM Sent! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Go way2go!
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

:( never even seen this one, and it's local to me.

Way to go, if you need a hand to get it up and running, let me know :P
They think it's all over, it is now!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

ken newbold wrote: Way to go, if you need a hand to get it up and running, let me know :P
Thanks Ken, that's kind - will let you know when I've assessed practicalities. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

If you dont go for it, let me know.

Was it always a Hurricane?
I only ask as the side pod on the C pillar is not fitted, and the hurricanr detailing on the wing doesn't seem to be there??
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

To get into the forum now is like waiting for the paint to dry & it didn't yesterday. :shock: Sorry for days delay chaps.

calnvisman sending you a pm. :D

Ken sending you a pm. :D

(At least I am hoping that 'you will have mail' soon before the dreaded white screens return.) :? :wink: :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Hi calnvisman,

PM in tray still waiting. :?

Please would you PM me your email and telephone no. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto