4TC

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
artic-steel
BXpert

4TC

Post by artic-steel »

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Interesting car. :D

Incomplete though :cry: :
listing wrote:It misses some machine parts like: Transmissions AV, 2 spheres AV with their jacks, leg of alternator, pumps HP, 2 seats, flying, a part of the dashboard.
£19K auction start price! :shock: He must be having a laugh. :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Thats got to be the best looking chicken shed i have ever seen but the price :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!---)))

Regards Kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

If thats an works car, then it might be worth the money for a very serious collector, mind u, how would u go about getting the spares to make it complete??
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It's rated at 380HP, so it could be a works car, although it looks rather as if the rear doors open on it, and I thought the rear doors were fixed on the works cars??

Either way, it's alot of money, although making it complete and "usable" shouldn't be very difficult if you know the right people.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'm actually considering flogging the TVR and applying for a £20k loan :shock:

I can't read French, but I'm guessing that ad says it's the no 17 works car, the only other one was no 15 (plus a spare that was raided for parts IIRC).

The whereabouts of this car have always been unknown. It was rolled onto a boat in 1986 after a rally and never seen again. Grp B was banned shortly after.

It's a crime that it's got into that state :(
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

What I understand from the listing is that there are only four of these left - two in musuems and then he's got two and he's selling this one. Probably used it to feed the other with parts. Why would he sell it though unless he's skint or he's got the other one restored and it will never see a road again? Even in that dilapidated state it looks 8) though!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

From my experiences in motor sport there should be some spares still around somewhere possibly in the current CITROEN rally department.
They would have made quite a few sets even for a small amount of works cars.
As rallying is very tough on components they would have a spares truck following the cars and different setups for different types of rally (tarmac gravel snow sand etc) so some must still exist unless the accounts department saw fit to scrap it all instead of storing it away.
Might be worth an enquiry to CITROEN.

Regards Kermit :) :) :)

PS sorry about the chicken shed remark :oops:
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

I've seen at least 1 4TC works car (I think - I've got a photo somewhere), plus some circuit racers, at a car museum in Loheac in Brittany which is well worth a visit if you're over that way. Has a rallycross track on site :shock:
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

£67k so far, 2 days to go, i think that points to it being a genuine works car.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

artic-steel wrote:£67k so far, 2 days to go, i think that points to it being a genuine works car.
I think it points to some folk having more money than sense! :wink:

If I had £67K to spend on a car I'm sure it would not be difficult to find something that would put a bigger smile on my face than this even if it is classed a bit of history. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

artic-steel wrote:£67k so far, 2 days to go, i think that points to it being a genuine works car.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

It'll be a rich collector that can afford that then. I'm not saying it isn't worth it, because it obviously is to someone, but like way2go I could think of better ways of spending that kind of money.
Vauxhall apologist.
WESTON89
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WESTON89 »

I'd say 99.9% it certainly is one of the works 4TCs, that or it is an excellent and elaborate hoax!! :D Whether it was used in the Monte Carlo is anyones guess, theres no numbers, names or reg. It could be one of the 20 Evos built, but never rallied.

If I've read the description right, there are front transmission parts missing, spheres and their adjustable struts that were fitted, hydraulic pump, seats, steering wheel and part of the dashboard, everything else comes with the car.

Some parts there that would be difficult to source are particularly the mechanical and hydraulics. Although they could be manufactured and/or machined for the right amounts of money. Cockpit bits aren't as bad. I doubt Citroen Sport would carry anything for the 4TC. In 1986 the works team was run by the Citroen Competitions department, which in 1989 became Citroen Sport, seperated from Automobiles Citroen, but majority funded by them. Citroen Sport have also moved premises a few times now and so probably have dumped older parts, due to the limited space they are given. In fact the current Citroen World Rally Team are the smallest outfit in the World Rally Championship, with the fewest employees and floorspace. The other teams are contracted out to private companies like Prodrive and M-Sport. (Sorry I know its a little off-topic! :oops: )

The Conservatoire on the other hand may have some bits they have managed to source and collect for their own preserved 4TC Evo. Whether they would let any go is another question....... Precious information needed for a restoration is something they could more than likely help with though.

By my reckoning there are more like 5 or 6 left, but still it is a very rare car. If I personally had the money I would bid much, much more....if I could spare the money. :D

Truely a once in a lifetime chance..........

Dom
WESTON89
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WESTON89 »

A little update, its defineately not a fake and I can quite believe the seller when he says this because he was the person to drive it on it 2 Rally Championship outings! :D

He also owns the 4TC he drove in the Acropolis rallying, which he his currently restoring.

Dom
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

So this is 15??

If he's restoring another one (which I'm guessing is 17?) then that would explain where the bits have gone!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...