4 x 4 BX

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

wise words indeed billy
and £250 was the sum i had in mind so i think we will just play it by ear .
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

:D :D :D :D :D deal done billy will pm once i have spoken to the seller!!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Robin, look forward to hearing more about it soon mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

just thought i would update everyone.
spoke to the owners dad this evening as he rang me with concerns over picking the car up but i have been offered a deal by a local company who will do door to door for not much more than the cost of the ferry!
Turns out that timmo is indeed spot on as it is an ex cit car and was offered in a competition and won by a lady near to the present owner,it comes with loads of documentation and of course the all important stainless steel exhaust.
I have made one concession as the dad thought he had sold it too cheap so i said if he puts the original wheels back on he can keep the saxo wheels (yes i know going soft in my old age!) so there we are because of the bad wether there is a back log on the ferry so chances are i will not see it until the middle of next week . Pics etc will follow once the beast has arrived on the emerald isle
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

EXCELLENT! 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Really looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get it home. I think you've had a bargain with that, top work mate!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Great news! Looking forward to seeing it finished, anyone got any proper wheels for it then? :D
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

dont need any tim it comes with the original alloys :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

8)
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Nice work! Its a classic.

I fancy the estate 4x4, converted to some turbo diesel spec possibly :? with auto. 8) Probably impratically expensive !=!!

heres wishing good luck for its journey.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Can you keep the car on its brit plates or does it have to be re registered? I know you can have a NI plate over here no problems.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

no the choice is yours you dont have to pay for a new number but the on you get is not age related. as this no. has some history with it being a citroen car i will keep it unless Roger offers silly money for it :)
Years ago when i first came "OVER HERE" i was going to bring my p6 rover with me until i went to give the registration no. to the booking clerk where i was to be based . the phone went silent for some time and then the reply came you cannot bring that over here you would be shot within a week , i replied what has northern ireland got against a rover p6 ,he said not the car mate its the reg no. and he then explained why and boy did i feel a prat!
Oh yes the no. was UVF 783N :oops:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Who bloody cares what wheels it comes with, it's the car that counts?!
Vauxhall apologist.