4 x 4 BX

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

citroen7 wrote:Oh yes the no. was UVF 783N :oops:
Maybe it's becuse it's late, or I'm being stupid (not the first time!) but I can't see the relevance :?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Ulster Volunteer Force
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im glad you pointed that out lol, I didnt understand it either.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

sorry chaps i thought you would twig that one !
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

Futher update, have had a long chat with mike the owner and the leak has got worse and appears to be coming from infront of the rear height corrector at the 4 branch manifold so.
1.has anyone had problems in this area as i certanly havent
2. is there anyone within a small stones through of warrington that could have a butchers and possibly do a bodge for me ? I am willing to pay in either beer tokens or bucket full of various parts anyone?
The transport company have said a small leak is ok but evem lhm pissing out as harmless as it is will not get the car on the ferry.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I'd love to help but I'm pretty rubbish with mechanics. If it's a pipe that can be easily accessed I bet there's a way of bodging it up easily enough.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

you have PM
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

citroen7 wrote: the leak has got worse and appears to be coming from infront of the rear height corrector at the 4 branch manifold so.
1.has anyone had problems in this area as i certanly havent
It sounds like the Octopus has gone. It's a 3 hour garage job and will cost you circa £150 if you find a good independent Citroen garage. It is also a filthy job to do so maybe worth doing before you ship the car.

Some guys on the forum have managed to splice in some pipe to effect a temporary repair but if you are keeping the car best to go for/do proper replacement for peace of mind. A temporary repair should get it your side of the water though.

If the octopus, as this is a return circuit, you may get away with putting the car on maximum height before boarding the ferry(&for the duration of the crossing) as then there will be no LHM return though this circuit until the car sinks again.

I see Vanny has PM'd you & is knowledgeable and relatively local so he will be an asset in helping you sort something.

:D
1991 BX19GTi Auto