New proud owner

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm not making this a crusade. I am quite happy now the car is largely sorted - although I do need to source unbuckled wheel(s).

Thanks everyone for the advice. I would have taken my mother-in-law out in it (if she was still alive) and the problems only became particularly apparent on the ramps. So I should just shut up and get n with enjoying the car.

I'll speak to the garage first and then probably just end up reporting them to VOSA and leave it at that.

I don't feel I will get much sympathy from anyone. I've just been unlucky.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

That's BX's for you, none are mint......
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I've realised, having just received the V5 that the car has 13 previous owners!

I have tackled most of the issues I had with the car now, but there's always something else... I have bought a new radiator to fit, as the car is losing water. I have checked: there's no evidence of worrying pressurisation in the system, there's no water in the oil and no excessive steam in the exhaust even... so I'm pretty sure it must be from the radiator (which looks on it's last legs, with plenty of green deposit on its sides and bottom and a moist patch or two along the seams and/or a hose or joint somewhere.

Once that's done, I'll get the wheels/tyres fitted and fix the rear bumper.

*UPDATE* Two minor leaks from seams along the bottom and offside of the radiator. New one on it's way, so not a worry.
Unexpected problem.: Alternator belt had caffed a nice slit into the hose that runs past it, from the rad to the rear of the engine... and it's now a reasonably substantial leak. Must be something not holding the hose where it needs to be held - out of the way of the belt! Job next week: replace/repair (safely) hose and fit new Rad.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v