BX GTI spotted in London with BXClub sticker

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Adrian E
BXpert

BX GTI spotted in London with BXClub sticker

Post by Adrian E »

Was having a walk near my office this lunchtime and came across a very tidy 8V GTI in silver, J871*** in Vincent Square, Westminster.

Stopped to admire it and noticed a bxclub.co.uk in the bottom of the rear window so can only assume it belongs to a member on here, or at least used to anyway.

Had phase 2 16V alloys on it and looked pretty much unmarked.

Adrian
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That sounds like J871DGK, my old GTi Auto. It did indeed have graphite Speedlines too. It was sold on, I believe by Andy G who bought it from me last year.

Glad to hear she is still in good condition. She had 163k on the clock and was due for some welding and valve stem seals and so on but was a brilliant car. Had air con too.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Yep, that's the one :D

Hadn't noticed it was an auto, but was with a friend so gazing adoringly at BXs gets me some strange looks so I took a quick snap on the camera phone and that was it.

Next time I'm round that way I'll see if it's still there

It's certainly wearing the mileage well - the wheels could do with a re-furb but I would never have guessed the mileage as that high from looking at the front end. The bumper looked immaculate, so may have had some recent paint.

Adrian
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

During my ownership the front and back were refurbished, but I think the front suffered some damage in a car park while Andy G owned it so may well have been repaired since.

Post a pic if you can :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

I took one of the back to remind me of the reg number, but it's on my phone - will try to upload later :D