Wanted. Red ends (ooh er)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well said. Sad though it is, Mulley, this thread wasn't really going anywhere, as Vanny points out :D :D :D

But I agree, let's not all get so wound up (I am not entirely innocent myself, I know).
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

MULLEY wrote:For those of you who don't like txt type, why don't you just ignore it.

I can see no mention anywhere on this site that says you can't use it.
Didn't look very hard then Mulley.. FFS... :lol:
Page 20 of BXCHAT, Infact, the first ever post in BXChat goes rather alot like this:
For Those About To Post wrote: Whilst this forum is new and in its infancy, some of you will be experienced forum users, some will be first timers. This info is included in the FAQ's - but not everyone reads this before posting.

The information / advice below is valid for all posters, old and new, virgin or experienced!

1) DON’T use text speak – please don’t abbreviate, things like M8y may be ok on mobile phones, but here the wordage is unlimited. In addition the forum is international and English may not be everyone’s first language. Make it as easy as possible for people to understand your post. Please don’t use derisory language either – and defiantly don’t use the forum as a means to slag other members off.

2) USE the search function – rather than keep repeating topics, have a look through the search option to see if your “problem” has been covered before. Have a read through other peoples postings (make use of the Tips & DIY section too) and if you feel that your question still hasn’t been answered – post.

3) Make sure your question (if asking one) or opinion / answer is well thought out, all the relevant info is given (model of car etc) and take a little time over spelling and punctuation. Some users write their post in Word format first, spell check, then copy and paste onto the forum.

4) Make sure photographs are no bigger than 500 x 370 pixels – more than this distorts the forum. As does some remote linking of URL’s. Use photo software to resize (Photoshop, HP Image etc) and upload to a photo-hosting site. Sites like www.tinyurl.com offer free hosting of images for 90 days. Other sites like Photobucket offer indefinite hosting, but are subscription services.

5) Above all – enjoy. We are all here sharing a common interest (the BX in case you were wondering!)
:roll: :wink: :lol:

Oh, and as such they aint end caps, they are the same material plastic as the rest of the strip, but the ends have tabs on the back that poke through the bumper. The chance of getting any, nil.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Ah dunt like Textish ...Ah'm a Yorksherman ......norra bluddy Textanian.
T.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

cavmad wrote:
tim leech wrote:U may struggle mate as I did, I have some spare red trim if u need any u could cut down
YOU :evil:

Sorry to be a grammar nazi but that doesn't half piss me off.
Billy Chill out! if thats all you have to worry about then lifes good!
Last edited by tim leech on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Phil if you struggle I will happily send you down the spare I have gratis, my own car came without any on the front so I cut it down and glued them in place.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I am utterly chilled Tim, as previously stated it's just something that bugs me. For the record I have said enough on this matter now and hopefully that's the end of it.

Back o/t you used to be able to buy trim pieces such as this from car accessory shops to cut to size iirc, though your gesture to send Philip the stuff is indeed in the spirit of the club and for what it's worth you should be applauded for it imho.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thanks Tim, that would be appreciated. Maybe combine it with the wheel? Keep in touch,

Phil
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

WIll do, im bringing the wheel in tomorrow and will get it checked. I will also get the scrap tyre taken off if all is well to save size and weight.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ta muchly!
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Gotta say we got a bit fired up last night and my post didn't help. Reading it back today it looks like it was written by a ..... although it was intended as a cat among the pigeons.

Well, whilst I prefer a decent standard of English, having lived in so many different places I'm used to dialects and other languages and taking it all as it comes.

Just happy to communicate I guess.

If I upset anyone, I apologise.

Terry
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's cool Terry. 8)
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Cheers Phillip, prefer a quiet life when I can get it.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I'm not apologising to no one :lol:.

I stand corrected Doc, i looked under the section where i thought it might be rather than elsewhere. Your punishment, for showing me up, will be to come upto Derbyshire & fix my cars :lol:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'm not apolagising either

My sig says it all, and I mean it!

What exactley needs doing to your cars Mulley?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

erm, i've got a list of what i know about, however, i'm sure an expert will spot other problems that i'm unaware of.

Gti - needs cambelt & water pump & both rear arm bearings. Probably needs new spark plugs as well. Heater doesnt work the way it should (its warm but not much power & i bust the dial for good measure trying to free it off) & there is a lhm leak which may be from the FDV. Noisy front strut(s), cant remember if its one or both. Need a stereo fitting as well, no idea about wires myself.

TZD - previously detailed engine part issues in a post last year & i cant get the effing pipe off that connects upto the rocker cover. Whilst trying i heard a crack sound, so presume the black cylinder (where dipstick goes in) is now bust as well... Both rear arm bearings. I think thats all?

So not a huge list by any means, i've got most of the parts, its my skill levels & lack of tools that are letting these cars down.

However, if Ian & Tim pop up who knows what may be accomplished....

More than welcome to join the party :lol: