Off Vanny's Christmas card list? I am :(

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Off Vanny's Christmas card list? I am :(

Post by cavmad »

Young Mr Vanny came to see me earlier to look at a leaking fuel line on the Fronterror. He spots the problem, fixes it for me and I suggest we go for a blast. With sun in my eyes and not a care in the world I back out of the car parking space. Straight into the back of his 16V :oops: He won't thank me for telling you but whilst my car suffered no damage (thanks to the towbar) I have smashed his rear bumper. Vanny, if you're out there I will repeat my apologies mate and let me know how much I owe you for repair or replacement :cry: .
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DOH!
Bloody Chelsea tractors...

If it helps I have a usuable venetian red P2 rear bumper, not perfect (the side brackets are rotten so some suitable bits of bent alloy would need glassing in), but I'll need to do a swopsies since I had intended to spray it black and stick it on the valver, as a cow ripped mine off and mullered it...

Is the bumper a total write off, or could I fix it?
Remembering my glassing skills are limited!

As an aside, I was never on Vanny's xmas card list!
Although the post xmas curry night was very enjoyable!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's the least Chelsea-ish tractor eva! In fact the look of horror on the snobby parent's faces in their poncey cars if I ever take my kids to school in it is magical.
Back o/t (sorry, I know that's not like me!) I suppose this wouldn't be a good time to mention to our scouse associate that it's still leaking fuel, this time from another pipe. I don't fancy asking him to fix it for me though, unless he parks 15 miles away or something.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Double D'oh!!! I was hoping to acquire a P2 rear bumper from Vanny for my 16v. I guess it's destined for his 16v now. :cry:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If it makes you feel any better I went to pick up a new car for the in-laws a couple of weeks ago, stopped at Chester services, reversed out of my space and straight into a lad's Mazda - they'd owned the car about an hour and I'd already pranged it!!! :oops: