TATTY TZD ESTATE.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
tim leech

TATTY TZD ESTATE.

Post by tim leech »

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hmm, looks remarkably like the one that kept on appearing on eBay sometime last year, could be wrong but it was in Huddersfield originally?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its fixable but bodywork reapir isnt cheap so I cant see it finding a rescuer. Although it is driveable.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The fact that it has 4 near-new tyres, 4 near-new spheres and a near-new battery mean that it must be worth buying just for the spares. If you did decide to repair it, the front wing is easy-peasy, and the rear looks like it would beat out roughly straight, at which point you simply ignore it and just use the car a a workhorse.

Do find it amusing that the seller says "damage to the offside", when the damage is clearly on the nearside.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good point David. Could be a nice cheap workhorse for someone and worth keeping until the test expires at least.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

A wing swop is a doddle as david points out, the rear you could hammer out and slap some filler on, or drive it as is and have your very own "rat look" BX.
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hey! Stop being horrible to what could become my daily driver! My current rolling restoration is rolling faster than I can restore it!
Bodywork? Piece of cake! It's a peach compared to some sheds I have straightened out.
Bx'less after 12 years
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hey! Stop being horrible to what could become my daily driver! My current rolling restoration is rolling faster than I can restore it!
Bodywork? Piece of cake! It's a peach compared to some sheds I have straightened out.
Bx'less after 12 years
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

Yep - really doesn't look too bad. Could easily be picked up for £100, which for a car tested til Nov is great value!
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Zebedee get it bought then :wink:
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Bought it! Thought I had a bargain until some bright spark ran it up another fifty quid in the last ten minutes, so it cost me £155!
Collected it Saturday and it drives remarkably well, just need to sort out the cosmetics and the usual 15 year old BX faults.
Interestingly it has sound top door hinge points but rot in the o/s fuel filler panel.
So my other TZD estate will become a doner. Please let me know of any parts folks may required.
Bx'less after 12 years
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well done mate, still nice and cheap at £155.
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Hi zebedee
might be interested in the engine from your TZD if it's a good one and you don't want a fortune for it.
also sunroof glass panel if it is the same as the hatch the frame on mine is rusting away as we speak.

Regard's Kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi Kermit, Motor was fine until recently, no problems with emission or fuel consumption. Recently seems to have lost low down grunt until turbo hits 2500/3000 revs, but that could just be pump settings or turbo going home! Have a couple of spare turbos anyway, and heads etc etc. Also have another complete TZD engine and box back in Birmingham.
Unfortunately the estates dont have a sunroof fitted, so can't help you on that one!
Bx'less after 12 years