Cheap Car Insurance

Anything about BXs
mike st gilles
BXpert

Cheap Car Insurance

Post by mike st gilles »

Don't know if anybody else is in the same position as me? ie. insurance due for renewal in the next week or so.
Just had a quote from the Post Office (via Confused for £145.....which is 20 quid better than the renewal and that drops to £95 with a fifty quid cashback .....going to phone them tomorrow re the full gen but that seems a good deal.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

£95! get it bought, you wont do better than that Mark. :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Only thing I can say is that don't use Direct Liars. If they gave their insurance away and sent me £50 a month for life I still wouldn't use them.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Had my renewal a few weeks back, well annoyed as it went up even though my NCD has increased by another year, work that one out chaps...

Anyway, a call to Tim's broker mate had me sorted, so i'm now only paying £1 p/m extra for slightly better cover than last year (higher excess though!!), so reasonably happy.....
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

The overpaid Insurance bosses work on the basis that the average punter will stay with them for 3 years - so cheap to get them in year 1, then rip them off for the next 2 years.

Long may they work that way - don't suppose they're bright enough to change things soon.
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Update;
Thought it was to good to be true, got all the way to buying it and when the cover came through it didn't include driving other cars...........I thought all policies covered driving other cars that don't belong to you with the owners permission........blah blah as long as you were over 25. Luckily I had set it all up before I needed cover so was able to cancel it without cost when they couldn't add that cover without pushing it over the price from Elephant.
On a positive note; got my 650 Deauville insured for £45.25p! (through Bennetts. Norwich Union).
So there is one good thing about getting old lol lol :D :D :D
Mike
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Strange, that! I've just had my PO paperwork through and I am allowed to drive cars owned by others (Third Party Only).

I chose not to renew previous insurance as the premium was way out of touch, with less benefits. They rely on the punter's apathy for repeat business, claiming the renewal is the best offer ..... unethical or what! :x
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Ed, thats right I could get the cover I wanted but not at the price they originally quoted. With that added, it pushed the premium up to what I was offered by my present insurer........its not as if I am always going to be driving other people's cars all the time but its very nice to have the option.
Mike
M

Post by M »

mike st gilles wrote:Update;
Tgot my 650 Deauville insured for £45.25p! (through Bennetts. Norwich Union).
Yes even I was amazed at getting F/C on a ER-500 Kwak for £80 and I have not ridden in 5 years :shock:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Mike mine was quoted as standard, which I think it usually is .... I only checked after you had raised the issue, was much relieved to see it was part of the package 8)

Weird though, I used a couple of the comparative sites providing them with identical information ....got different results for Post Office benefit wise.

One result included a courtesy car and the other not .... guess which one I chose?

Did it all online, can't be assed to speak to people who will always try to flog you stuff you don't want!

Have to wait 60 days for the £50 'cash' back though :roll:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Ed,
exactly as I had thought you just assume the policy will cover you...really glad I checked though as although not important most of the time, its very handy on those odd occasions......at least I didn't have to pay for any days cover because I found out before cover had commenced....you know how expensive those short term ones are!
Mike