artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

Does he get to spray us all in LHM?

Oh no, he did that at the national.

Well done Tim, you deserve it
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks guys, am renewing my love with the GT at he moment as its now all shiny and fixed, just a few dents to do and respray the wheeltrims (silver) and she sready for the show season!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Are you sure that you want to paint the wheeltrims? If you do, make sure you prepare them carefully and use a suitable primer, otherwise the paint will peel and they'll look dreadful...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Not wishing to piss on anyones parade, but doesn't CitroJim deserve BXer of the week for transforming the forum into a usable forum again??
All from what I can see for free.

EDIT: even more since he doesn't even own a BX!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

docchevron1472 wrote:Not wishing to piss on anyones parade, but doesn't CitroJim deserve BXer of the week for transforming the forum into a usable forum again??

Nope! an honorary knighthood will suffice. :wink:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I concur. Arise, Sir Jim!

Oh, and Tim: Well done!!!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

ken newbold wrote: Nope! an honorary knighthood will suffice. :wink:
Why honorary?
Surely someone must have the queens mobile number? We could give her a bell and tell her to make it so.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

docchevron1472 wrote:Not wishing to piss on anyones parade, but doesn't CitroJim deserve BXer of the week for transforming the forum into a usable forum again??

Didnt think it would take long :roll: :wink:

Wheeltrims will be sanded down, primed and sprayed using plasticised paint, the original paint is all coming off anyway so anything is a improvement.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Like I said Tim, I'm not wishing to piss on your parade, but CitroJim has given (I would guess) a fair amount of his own time and I would guess cash to host this forum so it works as it did, and this benefits all of us that use the forum.

I'm absolutley not taking anything away from the fact the bodyshop has done a good job on the GT and it does look good, I just felt it was right and proper to point out that CitroJim deserves some recognition publically for getting this place back on track, and thats gota be a good thing for us all oui?

EDIT: wheeltrims....hhmmm... surely a cool set of metric stylee wheels would look more retro, and, well, cooler?
There was a set on the bay not long back..

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

docchevron1472 wrote:Like I said Tim, I'm not wishing to piss on your parade, but CitroJim has given (I would guess) a fair amount of his own time and I would guess cash to host this forum so it works as it did, and this benefits all of us that use the forum.

I'm absolutley not taking anything away from the fact the bodyshop has done a good job on the GT and it does look good, I just felt it was right and proper to point out that CitroJim deserves some recognition publically for getting this place back on track, and thats gota be a good thing for us all oui?

EDIT: wheeltrims....hhmmm... surely a cool set of metric stylee wheels would look more retro, and, well, cooler?
There was a set on the bay not long back..
I would love some metrics Chris, but its a case of fiding them at the right money, the last set was bought by someone I know so it was pointless bidding against them. The next set that comes up at sensible money will be mine.

Also a big thanks to Citrojim for all his efforts :D
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Yes, Citrojim has at a stroke lifted us from the months of aggro. Well done Jim! =D>

A very worthy candidate for the next BX'er of the month award. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Seconded.