It's official!

Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote:I would love some metrics Chris, but its a case of fiding them at the right money, the last set was bought by someone I know so it was pointless bidding against them. The next set that comes up at sensible money will be mine.
Erm, if you knew who it was bidding then why didn't you just kill them?
Then they couldn't bid against you.
Unless they now have internet access beyond the pearly gates..
Way2Go wrote:A very worthy candidate for the next BX'er of the month award.
Thirded.
and the Giraffe Fourths it.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

5thed(?) and our new rescue kitten 6ths it. Hats off to you Mr Jim, now we can log in enjoy this excellent forum again.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

cavmad wrote: our new rescue kitten
Pics required. I do love silly little kitties.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Jon, good on the bloke.

David, introducing Daisy (because she came from a farm and looks like a cow or a sheepdog!), aka Tiddles. Here she is trying her hand at BMX-ing!

Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Aww, she so cute.
Looks nothing like a cow though.
Infact I rather wish the cows up the farm were more like Daisy, then my car wouldn't have been so badly mullered!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

:oops: I'm incredibly honoured by all this and thanks :D

I've had great satisfaction from seeing both this forum and the FCF get a lot better and seeing both forums enjoying greater use, the FCF particularly :)

Don't forget Jon in all of this. To him, until a week or so ago, I was just a random FCF bloke who e-mailed him a few times with offers of help. He did not know me except from my FCF posts and a few on here when the FCF was down and it was a great leap of faith on his part to allow me to run with what we have done. Thanks Jon :D

I know I'm not a BX owner but I do own a few Citroens and I'm very dedicated to the cause and to the wellbeing of both these two forums. I watch them both like a hawk and back up the databases each evening and dump a weeks-worth of backups to tape every weekend. Our data is in safe hands.

The odd glitch or two we're experiencing is under active investigation and with problems liike that, I'm like a dog with a bone...

Again thanks all and if you don't mind, I'll be sticking around despite being a Xantia fanatic. This is one great forum full of really fantastic people :D
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Jon who?

Just kidding! Top work guys.

Tis only right and proper that you stick around Jim, who knows, given enough time (and insults of Xantia's) we might even get you in a BX!!!

Thanks again Jim and Jon, it's brill to able to actually use the forum for my own evil ends again!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

docchevron1472 wrote:Tis only right and proper that you stick around Jim, who knows, given enough time (and insults of Xantia's) we might even get you in a BX!!!
It would not be difficult Doc, I've always had a great liking for the BX ever since they came out, especially the valver, so it is quite possible one day :)
Jim

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ignore um Jim, you can have a Xantia and a BX and still be welcome, I am :lol: sometimes.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

jonkw wrote:We may repay Jim for his efforts by refitting the gearbox to his Xantia TD if it won't go back on..................................................... :D :wink:
Depending on how this weekends efforts go Jon I just may take you up on that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or swap it for a BX...
Jim

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote:Ignore um Jim, you can have a Xantia and a BX and still be welcome, I am :lol: sometimes.
We only let you in cos you have three thousand million BX's, even then the Xantia nearly swings it :twisted: :lol: :lol:

As my gay mate says "Women are ok, but you cant beat the real thing", the same applies to Cit's.
Substitute "Women" for Xantia's and "the real thing" for BX and you're on the money!
CitroJim wrote:It would not be difficult Doc, I've always had a great liking for the BX ever since they came out, especially the valver, so it is quite possible one day
Oooh, the man has taste aswell!!!
Alas mine aint for sale, infact at the moment you wouldn't want it, neither do I TBH.... but valvers are indeed for the win!
Sod the knighthood, I think we may have a saintly character on our hands here!

again, top work fella's.

Oh, and er, stealth van??? K?

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Whats the beef with the gearbox?

Where the hell is Newport Pagnell in relation to Brizzle?