I guess hes broke a 16v then!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

I guess hes broke a 16v then!

Post by tim leech »

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Complete so he says, although he's selling the brakes seperatley. How odd.

At least he's selling what he hasn't nicked for his 205 unlike alot of them.

Not that I need a subframe, I have several already.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I expect to get flamed for it but I don't especially care: that's worth more than the starting bid in scrap value.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Makes mine more rare I suppose, I cant stop people breaking 16vs so im not going to try, worth having I suppose but its a bit far to travel!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

The brakes might be worth a bid for someone wanting to upgrade to 16v brakes. I've done the mod on mine and it does make it more resistant to fade.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

mat_fenwick wrote:The front brakes might be worth a bid for someone wanting to upgrade to 16v brakes. I've done the mod on mine and it does make it more resistant to fade.
Yes, sorry - I didn't explain myself but if you look at the other items he's selling one of them is (are?) the front brake calipers and disks. Which obviously are different...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

He's actually selling used brake discs?
As it goes I agree, the entire fleet at Chez docco runs 16v front calipers and they are much better over solid discs.
That said it's easy enough to modify a standard caliper to fit vented discs, the actual caliper is the same, only the jaw is wider.
JonKW wrote:and I need those metal disc things that bolt to the arms (the dust protectors or whatever they are) as mine are all rusted away!
I binned them on my TD, cant say it's made a jot of difference, but it does make the MoT man a little less grumpy.
If you want some I have a set you're welcome to (discs that is, ABS rear arms I dont have)..
Tim Leech wrote: I cant stop people breaking 16vs so im not going to try, worth having I suppose but its a bit far to travel!
Good to know, sonce I'm currentley flat packing a P2 valver....
Not that it has an engine, front hubs or rear arms, so it was only really a shell...
Why is it worth having?
It's just a BX rear subframe. The only thing 16v about it is the ARB.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...