Talking B____X

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Draconian is sooooooo last year!! :lol:
Or maybe the year before, quite possibly a few years ago really...

Freedom of speech is uber important. God knows enough men have died fighting for it.

The trick is to not let something said in jest get to you, if you want to retort then do so, but dont let it get to you, especially if it's only on the internet. Real life is out there, not on a screen.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

docchevron1472 wrote:The trick is to not let something said in jest get to you, if you want to retort then do so, but dont let it get to you, especially if it's only on the internet. Real life is out there, not on a screen.
The short skinny bugger just said something very important indeed in his yokel accent.

Remember that lot and you should fit in on any forum.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You forgot "bald" Stu!!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thanks Jon.

Right, where are we with the 16v? Well... not all good, but (touch wood) it's all OK now.

It involved going through a ford.... (water, not car).

To cut a long story short, new plugs fitted, plenty of WD40, a clear out and nice new HT leads on order and it'll be running fine. In fact the new spark plugs have made a difference on their own. The old ones were not looking too bad, but one was definitely not happy with a nice hairline crack in it.

Got the reversing lights working after replacing the switch and connector. New air filter (as I think the old one got a bit damp) fitted, and fingers crossed (to add to the touched wood) all seems well.

Lesson learned. :oops:

Might be the (proud?) owner of a Synergie TD. Watch this space.

I'm not able to devote much time to the Forum at the moment. Heavy workload and by choice too: it was all getting a bit distracting.

Keep the faith! P
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cool, what engine is in the Synergie Phil, 1.9TD as in Xantia etc? They look a decent car and price wise they seem to be a bit of a bargain.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well it's the venerable 1.9TD but I might not get it (it's on eBay) as the price has just shot up. 53 bids too, thanks to a moronic bidder!

Let's see how it goes.

8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

eBay has become a real pita recently and the amount of mindless idiots is on the increase. If you bid what you're prepared to pay and end up as 2nd or 3rd highest bidder you might get the nod I suppose.
Vauxhall apologist.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Lot of high priced cr*p on it too!

Some of those sellers don't yet know there's a money crisis. Couple of months and they'll be selling for peanuts, just to off load.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Grrrrrrr. Seller ended listing 8 mins early for £150 less than I was going to bid. That'll teach me to wait to bid right at the end.

But 8 mins? That's taking the....!

Anyway, on the positive side, I'm over a grand better off. Until the next temptation come along :roll:

I must say, the idea of taking the ZX with roof box on holiday seems appealing again. Exactly how much stuff do we need to take, after all?

Have decided to get the back bumper and other bodywork on the 16v sorted prior to the National. The ZX needs it's air leak/central locking doing and so on, so really do I need another car?
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Only if you sell that 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Terry wrote:Only if you sell that 16v
Well, I must say, I wouldn't want to at the moment. Since I've had it I've invested in it, and now it's starting to turn into something really special as far as I'm concerned. Apart from servicing and a bit of body cosmetic stuff (nothing dramatic) - and apart from fixing anything that may go 'pop' in the meantime - that should be it for the time being. Can't wait to fit the new leads, dizzy and rotor arm - hopefully they'll further improve the performance (if plugs alone can, then I imagine they will).

And the bill so far?
£1975 all in.

And I won't ever sell it for that I guess.

So I keep it for the foreseeable 8) :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip chidlow wrote:Grrrrrrr. Seller ended listing 8 mins early for £150 less than I was going to bid. That'll teach me to wait to bid right at the end.

But 8 mins? That's taking the....!

Anyway, on the positive side, I'm over a grand better off. Until the next temptation come along :roll:

I must say, the idea of taking the ZX with roof box on holiday seems appealing again. Exactly how much stuff do we need to take, after all?

Have decided to get the back bumper and other bodywork on the 16v sorted prior to the National. The ZX needs it's air leak/central locking doing and so on, so really do I need another car?
Sorry to go slightly o/t but I always thought we'd never cope with a car smaller than a Vectra size but the Astra hatch has been great and for any holidays etc we'll get a roof box. Like you say, how much do you need to take anyway?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, my thinking exactly. Three weeks in summer - don't need a lot of clothes hopefully. The thing is, how many bottles of wine, sauces, tins of duck, jars of this and that can I fit in? :D on the way back? (Something the BX excels at, of course.

My goodness, why not use the BX?

Perhaps it wouldn't be fair on family, wallet or car...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The putting of ducks in tins is both grossly unfair to the duck and the echo of the quacking will do your head in!

I'd seriously consider taking the BX. We all know how comfortable they are and the extra oomph will come in handy to get you there, and back, quicker.
Vauxhall apologist.