10 Dollar much cheapness!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

10 Dollar much cheapness!

Post by docchevron »

Ok, DLM's old estate is now at Stroud towers, along with a 19TXD.
Both cars are being broken for parts next weekend.
All parts are available for a nominal sum.

The Silver estate is a TZD Turbo, so far the wheels, gearbox and all of the ABS related stuff is spoken for, including the driveshafts and rear arms.
EVERYTHING else is available for a consideration to David.

The TXD is in the very very light greeny / grey metallic colour (possiblt metoer looking paint work??).
The rear arm bearings are creamed, the exhaust is fubar as is the clutch, but everything is available for a small consideration to me.
I'm not talking big bucks here, beer money is ample.

Time is very very limited (ie, I dont have any spare) so both cars will be flat packed and whatevers not claimed by the end of next sunday will be binned.

Collection is preferred for bulky items given that I really dont have time to package and post stuff out TBH.

Small items can be posted at cost if required but allow at least a weeks lead time before postage occurs.

If you want anything bulky but cant collect for a while then storage is not a problem.
But I do need to know what you want BEFORE next Saturday.

So, any takers reply below.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
bx tgd
Confirmed BX'er

Seats

Post by bx tgd »

Are the seats lovely? mine in my tgd are a little boring, i want sports ones, if so where are you?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

He's in the Bristol area I think mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Bristol or Stroud for collection purposes, however, given that one car is a TZD (albeit with DTR front seats and door cards) and the other is a TXD then neither has "sports" seats as such.

The interior in the TXD is in good condition, and the seats are in good nick on the TZD..but they aint valver seats...

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Note: the DTR front seats referred to are a half-way house between TGD-style seats and the TZ/GTi-trim seats. R/TR/TG-style seats are perfectly good in my opinion (similar to CX seats which I've never heard anyone complain about), and very comfortable, but of course the fabric wears. DTRs are slightly "bolstered", and have a set of foam "bars" running cross-seat. These ones are in black/grey chevron fabric.

DTR seats don't quite have that TZ/GTi lower-back-ache inducing lump on the seat back - and this is the reason I fitted them (apart from liking chevron trim). I have the covers for a matching single-piece back seat, and the rear seat bolster covers too, somewhere. Covers apart, BX back seats are pretty much of a muchness (apart from the single-piece/split seat differences).
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

DLM wrote:BX back seats are pretty much of a muchness (apart from the single-piece/split seat differences).

have you ever noticed that some non split back seats have one bracket for the parcel shelf while others have two? I only have one (central) on mine while there are holes (but not nuts) for two offset brackets. Wondered if there was a significance?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:
DLM wrote:BX back seats are pretty much of a muchness (apart from the single-piece/split seat differences).

have you ever noticed that some non split back seats have one bracket for the parcel shelf while others have two? I only have one (central) on mine while there are holes (but not nuts) for two offset brackets. Wondered if there was a significance?
<loses will to live> :lol:

Maybe they were made by different suppilers?
Vauxhall apologist.
surrey_man
BXpert

Post by surrey_man »

do u have the no. plate light holder thing??
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Estate or hatch?

pikey

Post by pikey »

hey doc i know it's near to the destruction date but i could do with a heater pcb and the knobs (temp is the most important one) for a mk2, also if any of the cars have had a temp gauge in the dash that would be fantastic. beer tokens plus postage as the round trip from newcastle isnt giving me the right tingles
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

No probs, what colour knobs would you like? Grey or Black.
Black I certainly have, grey could be an issue....

PM an addy and I'll get them off next week.

djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Manual or electric front windows? If manual, I'll have the winders and mechanisms please.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Leccy I'm afraid mate, I have never owned a BX with manual front windows.
Should imagine they'd be very hard to get hold of...

djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Flaps. :?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

djoptix wrote:Manual or electric front windows? If manual, I'll have the winders and mechanisms please.
Doc replied:
docchevron1472 wrote:Leccy I'm afraid mate, I have never owned a BX with manual front windows.
Should imagine they'd be very hard to get hold of...
As complete cars are being broken, can you not fit the window assemblies & electric gubbins to your car?

A fix & an upgrade at the same time! 8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto