mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

25% Shell Diesel, 75% second-hand Chip-pan oil......FTW :lol:

Dave
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Oh hello!

Is that you back in circulation Dave? Great to see you.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

stuart_hedges wrote:Oh hello!

Is that you back in circulation Dave? Great to see you.
Hi Stu!
Yep, it's me! This particular hamster is now pretty much back in his wheel again. Still taking more medication than Pete Docherty & Kate Moss put together, butwell on the road to normality again.
Just in time for the start of this year's"show season" too! :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Roger Porter wrote: Although with BP i think the exhaust was a little less smokey.
There is of course quite a difference between visible smoke and metered smoke.

Glad to hear your recovering well Dave, you're one up on Pete and Kate though, they pay a sh!te load for their drugs, yours are gratis thanks to the NHS! Drugs for free FTW!

Hope to see you at the national and Stratford dude.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

The diffetrence is what is actually measured at MoT time.
Visible smoke doesn't necessarily mean it's going to fail the test given that the sniffer is analysing very particular particulates and the such.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I "work" nights on the buses, although to call it work would be pushing the point a bit!

Although it was actually an hour later given I still haven't reset the time thing on the forum to BST from GMT...

Although I'm sat here now retiming all the evening / late night Portishead services to something realistic, in my own time, after the current farcical rescheduling by a bunch of spotty uni graduates that know F all about running public transport clearly timed them all using a zimmer frame rather than anything with an engine, and cut large portions of the route out without actually thinking about it. :roll:

stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

docchevron1472 wrote:Although I'm sat here now retiming all the evening / late night Portishead services to something realistic, in my own time, after the current farcical rescheduling by a bunch of spotty uni graduates that know F all about running public transport clearly timed them all using a zimmer frame rather than anything with an engine, and cut large portions of the route out without actually thinking about it. :roll:
That explains a lot.

My Bristol Grandma is very upset at the loss of her routes to Portishead, Weston and Cheddar - she used to like getting the bus out to scenic places but an awful lot seems to have been cut lately.

I was especially surprised at the loss of the route to Cheddar - dead popular with tourists.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

First is run by the biggest bunch of incompetant idiots you'd ever meet. Really, thats no lie.

Portishead routes have become farcical beyond belief, so I've restructed the whole thing, I suspect I'll be completely ignored since no-one in managrment will ever admit they are wrong, but I know I'm right, so I can but try.

The weston routes were culled quite a bit because "they didn't make money"...

Cheddar bus still runs, but on a VERY limited basis now.
First no longer operate it, it's donr under contact for the council by Eurotaxis.. under the "rural bus grant", so in this case the huge reduction of service wasn't actually down to the bus company but the local councils..

I've probably conveyed your Gran to Cheddar in the past then given that I used to do them alot!

I suspect the Cheddar route will be culled altogether when the latest contract runs out since councils no longer want to apply for the rural bus grant as it isn't profitable for them..

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:man you lot are cynics!

Optimax was an excellent fuel, a few hours on track in a valver on full chat would instantly show if you had optimax or some other rubbish! Shame that V Power petrol is just naff rubbish and to be honest worse than regular shell on track.

Except they're both almost exactly the same but the latter is marginally better than the former.
Vauxhall apologist.
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

On the Diesel question have you noticed that as from some time last week all fuel sold must contain 2.5% bio fuel so we are all using eco friendly my arse fuel weather we like it or not.

On the Petrol Question there are a limited number of BP garages selling 105 Octane fuel these are mostly situated near to motor racing circuits a list is probably obtainable from the BP website.

Regards Kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

kermit the frog wrote:On the Petrol Question there are a limited number of BP garages selling 105 Octane fuel these are mostly situated near to motor racing circuits a list is probably obtainable from the BP website.
Our local BP offers that stuff along with a Credit Card skimming service :evil: Have you seen the price of it :shock: :shock:

The only racing circuit I know near here (apart from Silverstone, which really is quite a tonk away) is Milton Keynes in the rush-hour. The Roundabout Grand Prix from one end of MK to the other can be quite fun, especially in an Activa :lol: :lol:
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
simonbx17
BXpert

Post by simonbx17 »

hi all,
i've just completed 620 miles on a tank of shell v diesel and i'm impressed she seems to pull better, smoke less on full throttle and also after the derby drive the pump seems to be quieter although still won't be as quiet as the bosch pump but any improvement is a bonus :)

cheers
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".