Talking B____X

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Not sure Phil. They seem to be a pretty official standard production car on the Mitsubishi website.

I like the idea of the Charade but they've stopped making them now. They did make a 1.0 auto though. Theres a couple on autotrader for reasonable money.
Over and out from me
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Ooh! It's Marty's new avatar, but in red!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, how things change... We bought a Fiat Ulysse last night. :shock:

Very good condition, recent history, a late-1997 2.0 petrol with 114,000 on it, seven seats (all matching :D ), very local to us. £770. Not bad I'd say. It'll be for our holiday. Fully comp insurance was only £208.

We'll be keeping the ZX TD and the valver owes me about £2k so unless someone offers that, I'll be keeping that too. Need a garage now!

Pick up this pm... report and pics follow. Just a shame it wasn't a Synergie (well, I guess it is bar the badging).
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, I thought £770 wasn't bad seeing as it was five minutes away. Seems these big old buses don't fetch much, but after some cleaning, polishing and so on - and after changing the cam belt (it was serviced last month and all else is well) - it seems good value to me.

Here it is before we set about it with the polish. Bought a Vax too, so we can clean the seats in all our cars now!

toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's what my father-in-law's got here but his is a diesel. Does it have that ridiculous security code system that you have to punch in before it starts? We used it once to pick up a fridge and it does indeed fly along..
Unfortunately I have a bit of an allergy for these euro homogenous blobs, but I know you're a family man etc.
The F-in-L tried to give it to us but fortunately I'd just bought my BX Break so we had a good excuse to politely decline.
I find the first Ultima more interesting
Anyway, how's the 16v ? :D The Citroen 16v
( maybe when I'm a baby father I'll understand Phil? :D )
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The immobiliser keypad is disconnected. Good thing too.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to steal the car after all.

:lol:

As for the 16v BX it's lovely and I managed to get an hour out in it yesterday. That engine note is addictive.

At the end of this week I may learn that someone wants to give me £2000 for it.

In which case I may be tempted... but I don't intend to be BX-less for long even if I do sell. I fancy a Mk 1.... possibly a base 14, like the blue one featured on this forum recently 8)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The deed is done :cry:

Harsh financial reality check time. Sad fact II
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Philip chidlow wrote:The deed is done :cry:

Harsh financial reality check time. Sad fact II
That's a real shame, but it looks lovely, hopefully you'll get the asking price or more.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip chidlow wrote: In which case I may be tempted... but I don't intend to be BX-less for long even if I do sell. I fancy a Mk 1.... possibly a base 14, like the blue one featured on this forum recently 8)
When you've had posh French soup can you really go back to workhouse gruel? :shock: :?

Anyway that will take dead money again to sort so surely worth keeping what you've got even if it has to live on the street? Who knows in a few years, if the BX becomes a true classic and you want to sell then, you may get all your money back and more besides with prices appreciating through it's advancing years. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's a lot to do with a broader plan. And financially I can't justify keeping it.

I agree with you about the 14, but the again a 2CV is attractive to me so maybe I'm after a simpler life.

Money is the real cause of my decision to sell. :cry:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip chidlow wrote: Money is the real cause of my decision to sell. :cry:
OK, it's your business but I find that puzzling when you happily threw money towards it that seemed more than it's basic needs? Presumably you budgeted for this along with an anticipated April tax bill?

Wish you luck with it but at the very least your decisions provide you with a variety of cars in your life. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Don't think of me too harshly. It's just that a contract I had hasn't paid what I was expecting so I'm about £4K down on my estimated for this year so far. If I'd known that a few weeks ago all might've been different. Thing is I haven't really spent anything on the car that didn't need doing. It was that short of what I was expecting initially! :roll:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well for better or for worse I have sold the valver now and unless something goes wrong with the transaction - I have no reason to believe it will - I will once again be BX-less.

That doesn't mean I won't frequent the forum though.

If I ever get another BX - it will have to have a garage waiting for it, and enough spare cash to indulge it with!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The Bx is being picked up today. I know everyone thinks I'm mad, but it will be one less thing to worry about. The Zx is fulfilling its role as the general hack and the Ulysse has already earned it's keep to a degree, with a couple of trips to the tip and ferrying some kids about... If we get on with the Ulysse this summer I'll consider 'upgrading' to a top-notch Synergie, I think. OK it's not a 'driver's car' but it does 'do what it says on the tin', in a sort of basic functionality way...

As for my prospects for BX ownership in the near future, it doesn't look hopeful. In fact if I was being honest, a reappraisal of priorities (like completely refurbishing the house, becoming art director of a publishing company and assembling some sort of 'golden' "now go away" package for my daughter lol!) mean that I might never get another BX again... but never say never. After all this forum is too good to ignore.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

This blog will close for the time being. I feel that, unless, or until I return to BX ownership, I'll keep a lower profile. Largely out of necessity as - and my endless warblings about the sale of the 16v etc. illustrate - I am well caught up in becoming a bit more 'successful' and correspondingly having to devote less of my time to four-wheeled indulgencies :lol: :roll: How long this period of supposed growth will continue is anybody's guess - but once a BX is in the blood there it stays. I'm starting to think road/track GTi again already :wink: