Junkyard Dog

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Junkyard Dog

Post by toddao »

Following a 6 month old tip off from Remy ( member :BX19GTI1988) we went in search of a Mk.1 estate lying in a scrapyard in Mulhouse, just across the Rhine in France. Unfortunately the said item had been cubed but found a recently arrived 1985 BX16TRS which gave up many parts and strangely had an immaculate interior and complete owner and service history in the glovebox! ( the tailblazer was cactus - cracked I reckon from having the number plate ripped off)

BX Milleseme - nothing that I needed

Many XMs, one with very nice leather interior

Hit two other yards - the 10 odd BXs that were there last year have all gone to hydraulic heaven - nothing!

Had a very good run, camped by the Rhine in the old bus two nights. Got a pile of parts for €50 including the long sought Mk.1 Break gas struts!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Did u get the sunroof deflector off todd and the Mk1 mudflaps, very rare I think?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I like your van, those old Merc have style - and from what I have heard are built well unlike the modern ones. Do you find it a touch underpowered though, 60 odd horses must be 'interesting' on hills???
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Roverman wrote
Did u get the sunroof deflector off todd and the Mk1 mudflaps, very rare I think?
I got the sun-roof deflector but the flaps I unfortunately forgot. I spotted them when I arrived but got busy with other bits including a very nice pair of yellow fogs. The morning got hotter and hotter then other punters started sniffing around the car and I was just able to finish up before the yard closed for lunch. Also there was a very good used parts warehouse with everything very well organised and reasonably priced. Thankyou to Remy for the tip - I would never have found this place! He says there's another even more hidden one out in the country but we'll hit that one togther hopefully.

Mat wrote
I like your van, those old Merc have style - and from what I have heard are built well unlike the modern ones. Do you find it a touch underpowered though, 60 odd horses must be 'interesting' on hills???
Thanks Mat. Yes, on hills it's a disaster. Crushingly slow - it's a strange experience going at 30kmph on the autobahn though on the flat it manages 80/90 kmph. But it is very well built and comfortable when parked for the night. I took it to be examined for 'historical vehicle' status ( considerably cheaper tax bracket) but the examiners just laughed - they said bring it back when it's concours, which it isn't. But I love it :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read