J175GCR

Anything about BXs
Terry
BXpert

J175GCR

Post by Terry »

Well, I've had GRX about a year now, and what a lovely year of motoring. She didn't disappoint in anything. I know I've posted this bit before, but she is something very familiar in an unfamiliar world!

Our old Landrover Disco, which is Kathryn's car really, failed the test and there's big bucks to pay out. Thanks to too many of my customers not paying me, and two cash hungry young grand children, I don't have the bucks to spare right now. So...

Been negotiating with DLM for a white TZD J plate break to replace the Landrover. Pick it up tomorrow.

If at some stage in this dire economic crisis we're into I can afford to repair said Landrover I will - it will be mothballed, since the motor is just too good to dump. A Disco, once driven, never forgotten, and neither are the repair bills. Repairing the Landrover seems so far distant that both BX's will be running at the same time. Lovely.

In the unlikely event one of my customers pays up without me kicking his head in I'll get the Landrover done and then sit down with Kathryn and decide what to do.

GRX has done wonderful service shipping about the grandchildren safely and economically. She also moves my three Border Collies in the same way. (Had four but one was put down three weeks ago.) The rear of GRX is safely covered with secure matting and the dogs have just adopted GRX as their car. Lovely. (Apologies to anyone who isn't fond of dogs. For us they're better than the humans who don't pay me for work done!)

Even though there's kids and dogs in the car she is immaculate inside. They all seem to take car in that car. Just an off side gaiter to be replaced and that's it.

I expect to buy David's motor tomorrow and add this to my stable. When I've got it home I'll post again.

Holy sh*t Batman, two BX's. What's the mayor of Gothenburg gonna say?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Sorry to hear about your dog mate, dogs really are the best people.
I still miss my collie cross, she was the best friend anyone could ever wish to have.

Coming from David the car should be a good 'un.

Have you considered balaclava and shot gun for money gathering purposes??
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Chris good to have you online at the same time mate.

How you getting on?
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Unusual for me to be home at this hour!!

Not bad mate, pi$$ed off with the car, the more welding I do, the more I find to do, but thems the breaks I guess...

PC Tools is rather good, I think!
I cant work out if it auto updates everyday or not though?
It says the last update was yesterday, but haven't tried a manual update..
The only slight glitch has been when starting the computer up first thing in the day "spyspotter" displays an error (error 70 whatever the hell that is!) and I'm getting an error about BT Broadband Help, which I never use so I'm not fussed, but I dont know if spuspotter is working or not, or even what the hell it is!
I'm sure it's something I've done, PC Tools itself seems fine!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Ah, the dog.

This was an odd one. We bred a litter nearly two years ago and two of the pups were very large, so third pup got squeezed up. She (?) turned out as a trans gender model, looked like an Alsation (Aorders and Alsations are supposedly first cousins) had no gender and pee'd from a hole roughly where the cock would be.

That dog had the best Collie nature I've ever known, and I've been a shepherd and worked them. So much love. She was the one we rescued along with the grand kids who were all being beaten by step son in law.

Trouble was, hormone problems set in as she matured, not all the internal parts grew at the same rate and there came a point where she had to be put down because of her own pain.

Shotgun? Believe it or not, it's big money people who owe me so much money, not ordinary folks like you and I.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Chris, PC-Tools covers the work of spyspotter so I wouldn't be too worried.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Poor little bugger... hope she rests in peace.

Big corporate types eh? hhmm, best wheel out the REALLY big shot gun then!
I think it's the same everywhere TBH. The shower of sh!t I 'work' for are so bad at paying bills alot of parts suppliers now insist on cash up front, and I work for a multi national multi billion pound company!
Ironically they are so badly managed I'm amazed they haven't folded.

Ah ha! So I could delete Spyspotter altogether if I can find it!
Didn't even know I had it till this error thing flashed up!

Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Chris, same thing, try add/remove programmes and if that doesn't work go to C drive, programme folders, spyspotter (or the company name who supplied it) and delete as many files as you can. That will knacker it!

You didn't need Spyspotter, since it's a fourth rate and not very good programme. PC Tools will do it all, and for free. I love free!
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

docchevron1472 wrote:Sorry to hear about your dog mate, dogs really are the best people.
...................the best friend anyone could ever wish to have.
Same from me too Terry ............the more time I spend with my dog = the more I find that I prefer dogs to people.

Tel.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Me too Chris.

I've been talking to DLM this last few days and explaining I'm tucked
up here in deepest Suffolk in an ex council house with a big garden in a hamlet. I've got a lovely wife, three great Borders and a couple of lovely grand kids who visit every other weekend and some. Chicken supply the eggs and I'm going to grow some grub this year.

What more could I want?

B*gger the world.

My advice, if anyone will listen, is get out! The country's gone down the pan. Find a small, cheapish place like mine and ride out the strom.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hello Terry,

Yeah, me too. My dogs seem to smell danger and fight. Pity the hikes getting into my garden. God help them! Threre's three hundred teeth, or thereabouts, in these dogs and they don't often miss anything.

Humans haven't got that sense, to smell trouble and walk away or stand and fight.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I'll have to search for spyspotter! I really had no idea it was even on my PC!
Indeed, free is always good!

hhmm, well, I dont have the lovely wife, or any dogs anymore, but I do have a brace of demanding vehicles that take most of cash, the rest goes on beer!
If it weren't for the NHS I'd be long gone from here.
I imagine getting health insurance with my record anywhere else would be near impossible, mores the pity.

No good at gardening, so never tried growing my own, with all the oil in my garden I doubt anything would be safe to eat anyway!

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I sometimes envy the simple world that dogs have, when everything can be made better by a loving pat, or a chew. No grudges to bear, no hidden agendas.
Sorry to hear about your loss, we don't have a dog at the moment but I reckon that mixed breeds seem to have the most character. Give me a mongrel over a fussy pedigree anyday.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

mat_fenwick wrote: Give me a mongrel over a fussy pedigree anyday.
Seconded.
Pedigree's seem to get ill all the time, and they're prissy little things on the whole, mongrels are hardier, generally a good deal more intelligent, a damn site more loyal and more adorable IMHO..

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Nothing wrong with a fussy pedigree :wink:

Infact, the only thing she's fussy about is food, i can even leave half my dinner on the plate within munching range, she doesn't touch it, super mutt :lol:

I was out walking the dog when i came across this old fella walking his dog, mine bounded upto him & he got out a dog biscuit for her, she sniffed it & then ran off, should've seen the old bloke's face :lol:

I dont think he'd ever seen a dog turn its nose up at food....Still makes me smile to this day...
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.