J175GCR

Anything about BXs
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

My "Pep" is 100% pure bred mongrel ...............we think he's got a bit of Whippet/Jack Russel/Border Collie in him ......the other 97% is a mystery.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MULLEY wrote:
I was out walking the dog when i came across this old fella walking his dog, mine bounded upto him & he got out a dog biscuit for her, she sniffed it & then ran off, should've seen the old bloke's face :lol:

I dont think he'd ever seen a dog turn its nose up at food....Still makes me smile to this day...
:lol:Mulley :wink: Did you see me having to break Deans "Famous Pork Pies" into small lumps for him last sunday :roll:
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I didnt Terry :lol: I do remember your dog saying "NO" to the Xantia (or was it the XM?) :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Terry, whereabouts in Suffolk are you tucked away B'? Anywhere near a little place called Hitcham?

I spent a summer there a few years ago, living and recording in a farmhouse and playing in the local pubs for food and drink ( mostly the latter). I've got very fond memories of that whole area particularly the Five Bells in Rattlesdon and The Kings Head in Bildeston! Those places mean anything to you? I know Suffolk is quite large..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

It's good to see many of us have more in common than just a love of BX's :D . Animals play a big part in my life and I can only echo the sentiments expressed about dogs, they ask so little and give so much ... in 2 words 'DOGS RULE'!! 8)
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Border Collies aren't pedigree, at least that's how it's been for 2000 years. But now the wonderful, delightful nazis in the Kennel club have decided there should be a breed standard, just have they have done with so many other breeds.

Fine so far, but....every breed they've set a standard for has diinished in it's qualities, health and psycological strenth, so we end up with things like the Bassett Hound, and a host of breeds that can no longer breathe, disgest food or God knows what else.

Among us real Border keepers, there's a strong move to breed the oribals, like mine, and keep the strain alive.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hang on a minute, didn't this post start as something about DLM's GCR?

OK, back to point point.

Kathryn and I met David in Rickmansworth today and bought GCR from him, along with a boot load of spares for which I am very grateful indeed.

We shared the back journey, and I've got to say the car is a delight. Right now she's stabled outside my house in front on GRX.

I'll report in as I drive GCR more.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Terry wrote:Fine so far, but....every breed they've set a standard for has diinished in it's qualities, health and psycological strenth, so we end up with things like the Bassett Hound, and a host of breeds that can no longer breathe, disgest food or God knows what else.
Anyone who knows anything about biology would expect that.

Sad, isn't it :(

I'm more into cats than dogs, but the same arguments hold true - I'd far rather have a moggie than a posh cat. Moggies are healthier and live longer.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Got to agree with you Stuart, I also like cats a lot, and if my dogs would allow I'd have two or three agin.

20 years ago took a cat and dog on a 2 year working tour around Ireland. We all had a hell of a time.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

toddao, I'm in North Suffolk, although I originally come from West Norfolk.

For the last few years I've been tucked up in a small hamlet of 29 houses. In fact there's more cats and dogs here than people. Not a bad place to be for that.

I'm equi-distant between Halesworth, Bungay & Harleston, out in the 'Saints,' but I guess I'm just not one of them yet.

I know Bildeston and around that way. No wonder you've fond memories of that area, it's olde worlde and very beautiful. You sort of feel that rural England as it was, and it certainly is the way I remember my home village, as a working village with blacksmith, carpenter and all that. But times change.

We drive down that way sometimes, and avoid the upper class villages run by those nazis in English Heritage and head for Lavenham, Bildeston etc. Lovely. That big open fireplace in the Swan hotel Lavenham where they still burn tree trunks is something to remember!

Do you still play in a group? Ever come down this way?