Pindimar's BXs at Pindimar

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
pindimar
BXpert
My Cars: no longer any BXs but do have a Xantia

Pindimar's BXs at Pindimar

Post by pindimar »

The TRi This car had done 400,000 kms and is in excellent condition The roof is a little faded but otherwise the paint is in excellent condition, too.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's lovely mate - and what a location! You managed to find two BXs with the same colour too! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
pindimar
BXpert

Thanks Todd

Post by pindimar »

It's amazing really that the hatch TRi often used to call at the shops opposite the office where I work and I had photographed it there at least once and then it appeared on the internet in a car sales yard for $2500. We went and had a look out of interest more than anything else but the guy at the yard said what do you think it is worth so I told him $1000 and he said well we're almost there let's say $1100

I know nothing about it's history but at 400,000 if it hasn't had an engine rebuild I'll eat my hat and to look at, there's no way you'd guess at the kilometre-age - is that a word? Couldn't resist the car, though

Pindimar, by the way, is on the mid-north coast of NSW on the northern shore of Port Stephens around 200 kilometres north of Sydney

Greg (Pindimar)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Oooh - twins!

I've changed my mind - those alloys look rather lovely on that.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

They look in great condition, could be publicity shots for a brochure! Very apt number plate too.

Has the trim survived as well as the paintwork?
pindimar
BXpert

the trim and the paint

Post by pindimar »

Actually the trim on both cars has stood up really well - apart from the plastic strip at the base of the windscreens with numerous splits and cracks from the sun. The wagon has heavy window tinting which has helped preserve the trim but the TRi's trim is just as good but then that car has obviously been mollycoddled!

Greg
simonbx17
BXpert

very nice

Post by simonbx17 »

very nice, i've always said that olympic blue on a bx is a brilliant colour to have and to have both bx's with that shade is just great :D

well done :wink:
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".
pindimar
BXpert

BXs second place to boat

Post by pindimar »

The reason I don't do as much work on keeping the BXs looking good as I should is that I'm trying to build a boat. so here are all three fixations in one place

Greg F
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Well, you've already got the right vehicle to tow the boat once it's finished. Is it all built from scratch then, from plans?
Nice to see that Aussie vegetation around your place. Very different trees down this end :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
pindimar
BXpert

Aussie trees

Post by pindimar »

Well yes I built the boat from plans from an American designer by the name of Jim Michalak (Illinois) and it's been a very very long struggle but maybe I'll get there before the end of the year! It's a really unusual design which is basically all enclosed even though it's a sailing boat. How it will go is a mystery, although there have been some other similar boats done which seem to perform OK. I am building it to sail on the Myall Lakes just up the river a bit and this design should be ideal up there. The sun here is very severe in summer and a boat like this seems just the thing where global warming and holes in the ozone layer are talked about all the time. We needs boats that offer good sun protection. I got my first skin cancer when I was 24 so keeping out of the sun is something that I always try to do. It's great to see kids in primary school playgrounds these days always wearing broad-brimmed hats for the same reason.

The trees around the area are mostly Melaleucas (or Paper Barks) and they are fairly bizarre looking with really flaky bark that reminded earlier (European) settlers of flaking paper. I think they look great though.

BXs are pretty rare around the area too!

Greg
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Here's my attempt at re-creating your first photo, at the top of the thread! Here's two BXs, a saloon and an estate, in glorious weather (ahem)!

pindimar
BXpert

Stuart's BXs

Post by pindimar »

Hi Stuart

Looks good to me and notice how all that sunless environment doesn't fade the paint - especially on the window surrounds and the grey panel at the base of the window on the tailgate which is an applied material - on my car it cracked and peeled so that I had to take it off. the quote for getting that and the window surrounds re-painted was $1000 so haven't done it yet. May just wait till I can get the whole car re-painted when I win Lotto!

The other thing you see in the UK which you don't here is a building like the garage where your estate is placed in front of without roof guttering! Not possible here because whilst it doesn't rain that much here, when it does it p p pours!

I like the picture and the car(s)

Greg
pindimar
BXpert

Those alloys

Post by pindimar »

Oh . . . and Stuart

Those alloys look rather good on your car, too, why, they look like they were made for it!

Greg
Timo1990-NL
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Timo1990-NL »

Woow, what a beautiful color! :shock:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Timo1990-NL wrote:Woow, what a beautiful color! :shock:
Matches your sig :) Olympic Blue is indeed nice.