National 2008

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

On May 12, I wrote:Who knows, I may even show up in a BX!
Yes. I will.

I might even wash it first.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I might even wash it first.
Whooaaaa! Steady on there, young Stuart! :D

Bit of a drastic suggestion, isn't it?

Dave (who hasn't washed Monica since September 2007 :oops: )
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I went in Sally once, having just blown a jet wash over her, and received kindly advice from the CCC members all day.

It's tempting to drive round and round Doc's farm a few times before going, if I'm honest...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I always do!
the valver should really have won the "muddiest car on site" award last year!

I might wash and polish it before this one though..
Although I may not.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Indeed. Of course, even if I wash it before I set off, it'll be covered in dead flies and dust by the time I get there.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I plan to be at the National this year. However, do I take the Tatty-as-hell DTR turbo, or the Likely-to-be-unique C25?

Hmm. Decisions Decisions.
this might be a signature
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

As its 60 years of the 2cv,i'll proberly be taking the Ami super!! Mark evans "may" be bringing my "A" reg BX14E,now back on the road,
The G rally,is the weekend before, i hope there will be a LAGRE BX TURN OUT! you are all welcome to make this a joint BX rally :wink:
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote:I plan to be at the National this year. However, do I take the Tatty-as-hell DTR turbo, or the Likely-to-be-unique C25?

C25 mate. Take the C25. Really, take the C25!
Then you can get ouragiousley drunk on LHM ( :wink: ) and crash in the van!
After previous years I've learned to erect the tent before getting plastered! Had it not been for Vanny a couple of years back I'd have been sleeping in a field with no cloth protection whatsoever! Not that I'd have noticed...
JonKW wrote:Jon in "I'm gonna be there in my BX 16v" shock.
Does this mean it lives?!

Jeez guys, we are going to have to bring some very large quantities of ale!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

DavidRutherford wrote:I plan to be at the National this year. However, do I take the Tatty-as-hell DTR turbo, or the Likely-to-be-unique C25?

It's got to be the van! Tatty BXs are ten-a-penny - take your exclusive vehicle and park it next to the SMs.
Doc wrote:Jeez guys, we are going to have to bring some very large quantities of ale!
I was thinking about this. Harveys is my local brewery - like, about 100 yards from my house - and Best is a very quaffable pint. Reckon 20 litres will be enough? 40 pints for 60 quid sound OK? Don't worry about the "let it settle for 24 hours" bit - it will be perfectly drinkable, just might have some bits floating in the bottom of your pint.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Get ye a cask of ale set up in the back of your TZD Estate Stu!! It would have a smoother ride than in most other estate cars :lol:

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Who else is in? Seriously, I'd love to bring one - if we've got enough people willing to split the cost of the polypin and able to finish it over the weekend we'll do it!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Oh yea! I'll throw in a few farthings Stu - I'll be coming straight from sausage side ( D) having not licked a pot of ale for many a moon.

I'll have a few Fürstenberg on board, not that anyone's interested in good German pilsner..

The first photo came up while I was looking up 'C25 van'.

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

stuart_hedges wrote:I was thinking about this. Harveys is my local brewery - like, about 100 yards from my house - and Best is a very quaffable pint. Reckon 20 litres will be enough? 40 pints for 60 quid sound OK? Don't worry about the "let it settle for 24 hours" bit - it will be perfectly drinkable, just might have some bits floating in the bottom of your pint.
That's 35.2 pints in total, (a pint is 568ml) for £58.56, or £1.66/pint. Sounds like good value to me, as it is very lovely indeed.

That'll do me... What's everyone else bringing? :mrgreen:
this might be a signature
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats rather what I was thinking actually.
YES, I am most definitley IN!
However, you do realise that only 35 pints is nowehere near enough, in years previous I reckon we must have polished off over 17 pints each given the amount we brought, and the need to go to town to get more mid evening.
Even then we only actually went to bed because we ran out of beer and there was nothing left to do....

Although, big keg, plus some local bottled beers, plus a shopping trip into town for more.
That should see us ok for the night.