BX Athena FREE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

BX Athena FREE

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I've just had a call from a friendly chap who wants to get rid of his Athena 1.6 Petrol

Its done 114k but has full service history and is described as being in generally good condition.

It has MOT until mid feb.

It is on disabled tax so it could be driven home on this and then given back to the owner.

It sounds like it wants a cambelt, rear arm bearings and the worst item is some rust underneath the rear subframe.

The seller is called John Waterhouse and can be contacted on 01302 742306 or 07712 837085

He needs an answer ASAP otherwise it will go as a part ex on his new car.

The car is near Doncaster.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That is SO tempting, if nothing else for a spares source for my new acquisition. Trouble is Mrs Cav would go mad and I ain`t winning flavour of the month with my neighbours at the moment either.
Could be a good one for Ken as he`s probably not too far from Donny?
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I wondered if you'd be tempted Billy!?!?

It seems like a really good car. Would be a shame to break it but its something you could drive home legally.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

In a fit of utter madness Ian if no-one else takes him up on the offer this week I`ll very gladly take it. Will he be offended though if I use it for spares? The plan would be get my mate to switch the engines and raid the rest for parts-any of which I`d happily give away to members from this site.
Could probably get up there next weekend (Saturday pm?) if that would help?
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

UPDATE! I`ll be speaking to the owner about this tomorrow and hopefully will be collecting next weekend. if (when) it`s stripped for parts anything unwanted will be given away free to anyone who wants it.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Another one bites the dust! :cry:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Another one bites the dust! :cry:
Not neccessarily :wink:
Ian, you have p.m mate. Hopefully this will be number four in my collection by next weekend :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi Cav,it's gone,saw it being given away meself this afternoon ......[if it was the one that was M&M at holmfirth] .....it was too good to break for spares.
T.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I know Terry and I`m gutted. Called the owner before as I promised to and he was signing over the paperwork whilst I spoke to him.
Vauxhall apologist.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

It was in far better nick than my TZD,all original and it had a comprehensive service history with it ........tested till Feb '06,did'nt notice what the tax was,they got it on ramps and there was a bit of rot over the back axle[nowt serious tho'] ....if it had been a deisel I'd have been tempted.
T.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence