What would be your ideal spec. BX?

Anything about BXs
mat_fenwick

What would be your ideal spec. BX?

Post by mat_fenwick »

Mine would be a 16v estate, with air con, 4x4, leather, alloys, and a sunroof. I know they didn't build one but I think the concept sounds reasonably do-able. Anyway know if the 4x4 shell is different? I.e. transmission tunnel?

Wish I hadn't sold the Mi16x4 transfer box I had a few years back... Plus I had the option of the complete running gear from the 405. Ok, ok I might have had a few drinks and that I should finish my current projects first, but hmmm no harm in forward planning is there?
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

well would have to agree that would be the ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing
apart from the sun roof it would have to be an aftermarket flip job as oppposed to a pucker cit version
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

2.1td conversion, with A/C would be nice :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

GTi auto with air. Speedlines. No leaks and a good helping of accessories - sunroof deflector, headlight protectors and leather.

But if it's fantasy spec (and the above isnt?! :D :roll: )....

A TD auto estate with air.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: What would be your ideal spec. BX?

Post by docchevron »

mat_fenwick wrote: Anyway know if the 4x4 shell is different? I.e. transmission tunnel?
Yes. The 4x4 shell is substantially different.

As it goes, I know of a 4x4 1.9 estate for sale for not alot right now if you're interested. Spares or repair as it needs an exhaust. Located very near me and owned by a very nice family of Citroholics.

As for my ultimate BX. Thats really hard to answer.
I love my TD as it is, although once the A/C with climate control is installed that will be cooler!
But I also love the 16V, for very different reasons.
I'm not sure it's possible to have everything I want in one car, which is why I have the two.

Although I am going to build a BX V6 24V 4x4 with Activa at some point, although I'm still on the hunt for a shell and still amassing bits, but it will happen oneday.

Leather loooks the bollocks, but in all honesty the ultimate seat is the valver seat, be it in Le Mans or Monza trim.

Philip, if you really want a TD auto with air I could of course build you one as I have the plans!
Depends how big the cheque book is!

Oh, and a 2.1TD is an easy fit in a BX.

Quite probably the next engine that goes in the TD will be a 2.1, but with an 8 valve head, the 12v head isn't actually all that effecient.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I'd be quite happy with a Mk.1 body and interior with 16v running gear - keep the PRN dash with the orange drum speedo having a fit trying to keep up.

Phil wrote
No leaks
Now, that's really pushing the boat out! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

19TZI Auto in Olympic Blue with Zenith Trim, A/C and as many dealer fit accessories as possible!
M

Post by M »

BX Estate with 2100TD engine, leather seats and back half coach built to have a 2 bed mobile home rear end with toilet cubicle, plasma telly, DVD and Satelite, cooker,burners and sink for those on the move brews. Well stocked beer fridge. Oh and of course corner steadys to counter the arse end dropping over night.

Oh and cruise control, so I could point it in the right direction on the M6 then nip into the back to watch Richard & Judy whilst having a brew. :twisted:
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Mk1 16 0r 19 TRS Break with LPG system fitted, Exterior: Mk 1 Alloys and paint: Beige, white, silver or bronze. Interior: Series 1 tan-brown with all original spec. :lol:

This is my dream BX....
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I find myself wondering what a Mk1 BX would be like with a proper Citroen flat four aircooled engine.... :lol: :oops:

Mark.
M

Post by M »

mnde wrote:I find myself wondering what a Mk1 BX would be like with a proper Citroen flat four aircooled engine.... :lol: :oops:

Mark.
Slow.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I'd have to say a Black BX Sport with a 16v engine and 6j Graphite Speedlines, with Monza seats would do it for me... Although to be honest, I would probably be just as happy with any Black or Triton Green Phase 2 16v.

Also, would be nice to have some proper 16v seat re-upholstered in leather.

Mk1 with 16v running gear also sounds very appealing... good for surprising a few people on track days... :lol:
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Marty wrote:
mnde wrote:I find myself wondering what a Mk1 BX would be like with a proper Citroen flat four aircooled engine.... :lol: :oops:

Mark.
Slow.
Aw come on, the BX is a lightish car... you could bore it out to 1400cm3, even fit monopoint injection. Granted, mpg wouldn't be much cop. But no radiator, no coolant, no heater matrix.... Lovely smell of oil through the warm air vents on cold days.......

Mark.

EDIT: Here's a challenge for you Phil: mock up an underbonnet picture to show what a BX would look like with a GSA flat four in it :lol:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Without reference I can't!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Mine would be quite a modest and attainable desire; a MK1 Diesel with a 1.8 TD lump dropped in. That would do me just fine.

I still kick myself when I think of visiting a local Citroen breakers a few years back, who had just recieved a very sound looking Mk1 19RD estate which I should have saved...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski